Re: First Draft of W3C version of URL Spec

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 9:48 PM, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org> wrote:
> I would qualify it as ambitious, rather than contradictory. :)

Well, you talk both about obsoleting something and aligning with a
future version of it. You can't both supplant and build on top of
something at the same time.

On top of that, the actual model is different, as explained numerous times.

> Re-aligning the URL specification with RFC3986.next will take time and a
> lot of effort, especially with the intent of preserving
> interoperability.

It's not really clear to me why we suddenly think this is feasible
again. What changed since the last technical thread? Some high-level
ivory tower talk between W3C and IETF figure heads?

> And yes, for the immediate short term, the focus is on aligning the Web
> implementations with the specification as much as we can.

It appears for the short term your focus was on publishing a fork that
contains contradictory goals and adds confusion to an already
complicated picture.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/