Re: First Draft of W3C version of URL Spec

On 2014-08-28 18:04, Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Aug 2014, Daniel Appelquist wrote:
>>
>> As you might know, the new charter for webapps includes a new version
>> of the URL spec. I am acting as editor of this spec.
>
> What's the purpose of the W3C republishing this spec?

"W3C-specific note: This specification documents current RFC 3986 and
RFC 3987 handling in contemporary Web browser implementations. As a
consequence, this specification is not compatible with those RFCs. It is
published for the purpose of providing a stable reference for the HTML5
specification and reflecting current Web browser HTML5 implementations.
The W3C Technical Architecture Group expects to continue the work on the
URL specification and produce a future version that will attempt to
re-align the URL specification with an updated version of RFC 3986 while
preserving interoperability."

Best regards, Julian