Re: [John C Klensin] [apps-discuss] URNs are not URIs (another look at RFC 3986)

On 15/04/2014 12:36, "Martin J. Dürst" wrote:
> I have just read the draft, and confirmed my impression. Please see
> https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/urn/d3cqXHPqoB3_OG_djbG_sMVEs2o for some
> initial response.

Coincidentally (or maybe not), I just sent my response, too:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/apps-discuss/E3AE0kIp3xMOJnjzqcRGXURpCIo

I, too, am not understanding what problems are actually solved by saying URNs
are not URIs.

> P.S.: Yes, the IETF now uses Archived-At! But the mail archive pages that can be
> reached that way aren't linked at all :-(.

I noticed that too.  I guess it's a useful step.

#g