Re: [Json] Consensus on JSON-text (WAS: JSON: remove gap between Ecma-404 and IETF draft)

From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 16:13:40 -0800
To: "Matt Miller (mamille2)" <mamille2@cisco.com>
Cc: JSON WG <json@ietf.org>, IETF Discussion <ietf@ietf.org>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>, es-discuss <es-discuss@mozilla.org>
To do this, I think the draft requires these changes:

- Remove the trailing section of section 1.2, starting with “ECMAscript 5.1
enumerates...” [because the difference no longer exists]

- In section 2:

-- remove “A JSON text is a serialized object or array.”

-- Insert: “A JSON text is a serialized value.  Note that certain previous
specifications of JSON constrained a JSON text to be an object or an array.
 Implementations which generate only objects or arrays where a JSON text is
called for will be interoperable in the sense that all implementations will
accept these as conforming JSON texts.”

-- Change the JSON-text production to read:

JSON-text  = value

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 10:21 AM, Matt Miller (mamille2) <mamille2@cisco.com