Re: Final Proposed Text for Liaison to IETF re: JSON

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Appelquist Daniel (UK)
<Daniel.Appelquist@telefonica.com> wrote:
> The W3C Technical Architecture Group has a concern regarding the ongoing
> coordination of the industry standardization work on JSON.  JSON is a key
> integration technology for Web applications and a key data interchange
> format for the Web.  The current state of affairs, where there are now two
> different JSON specifications which may be normatively referenced, one
> developed in ECMA as ECMA-404 and one developed in IETF as RFC-4627 and in
> last call as RFC-4627bis is not ideal and could lead to confusion in the
> industry.  We believe that this could  lead to interoperability issues.
> Because the two specs vary slightly, we believe this could lead to
> interoperability issues.

We should drop the first "We believe that this could  lead to
interoperability issues." and replace the hyphen after RFC with a
space (x3, including third paragraph).

Do we want to say anything about encodings? Leaving that with Henri's
feedback might be sufficient.

(I also prefer "web" over "Web"...)

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/