Re: X-HTTP-Method-Override request header

On 06/11/2013 06:50 , "Martin J. Dürst" wrote:
> I'm not sure which hack (or hacks) Rails uses or has been used (Yehuda
> will know), but as Markus also explains below, if HTML/browsers
> implemented basic HTTP methods such as DELETE, hacks such as
> X-HTTP-Method-Override wouldn't be necessary.
> (...)
> TAG, please don't shoot the messenger, but try to address the core problem.

I don't know to which degree this is a TAG problem to solve. There is
some modicum of interest in supporting at least PUT and DELETE in forms
(as indicated by several links previously provided) and it is clearly
demonstrated that people use those methods on the server side rather
extensively.

There is, however, neither consensus nor sustained drive behind solving
this, and a number of issues that need addressing.