Re: Meaningless: towards a real-world web semantics observatory

On Wednesday, March 27, 2013, Noah Mendelsohn wrote:

> (Leaving off most of the cc: list to avoid cross-posted discussion.
> Nothing sensitive here -- feel feel to forward if useful.)
>
> This looks very cool. Would it be easy/reasonable/in-the-spirit-**of-the-thing
> to extend it start gathering statistics on JSON, XML, various forms of RDF,
> RDF-a, etc?

So the way it works is by analyzing nodes as you browse. If you can think
of a lightweight way to charachterize an element as being in one of these
buckets, patches welcome!

> For that matter, it would also be >really< interesting to watch things
> like content that will be interpreted differently by the HTML5 sniffing
> rules than by following authoritative metadata.

How would we detect such a thing?

> In general, you seem to be on a very nice slippery slope of building a
> dashboard for the Web's data/content encoding. Are you interested in
> heading further down the slope?

Happy to extend this to gather whatever data can be both truly anonymous
and inexpensively characterized.