Re: TAG Comment on [Web Storage]

Thank you, Art, for alerting us to this. I note that the TAG's comment [1],
after briefly discussing various local storage and appcache mechanisms, stated:

----------------
The TAG believes it is important to consider more carefully the potential
advantages of providing a single facility to cover the use cases, of
perhaps modularizing the architecture so that some parts are shared, or if
separate facilities are indeed the best design, providing common data
access and manipulation APIs. If further careful analysis suggests that no
such integration is practical, then, at a minimum, each specification
should discuss how it is positioned with respect to the other.

I am not entirely clear on what if anything the WebApps group decided to do
about this request. Would you please briefly clarify?

I should also point out that there has been considerable turnover in the
TAG's membership since our comment was issued, and we have not since
discussed this question. Maybe or maybe not opinions have changed. In any
case, I think it would be useful and appropriate to document a bit more
clearly the Web App groups response to the request above. Thank you.

Noah

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Nov/0070.html