Re: Interesting critique of OAuth by one of its creators

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 12:06:55 -0400
To: John Kemp <john@jkemp.net>
CC: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>

On 3/22/2013 11:51 AM, John Kemp wrote:
> On Mar 22, 2013, at 8:31 AM, Noah Mendelsohn wrote:
>
>>> Eran Hammer has published a detailed critique of OAuth at [1].
> It's worth noting that "insane coder" does NOT appear to be Eran Hammer.
> Eran did indeed make several of the same points, but this article does
> not seem to be his work. FWIW Slashdot does write their introduction in
> a manner likely to make it look as if "insane coder" is Eran.

Thank you for catching this. I mistakenly trusted what the Slashdot cover
note appeared to be saying.

My sincere apologies to anyone who may have taken offense at this
misattribution, and of course especially to Eran. The technical points
raised do seem to be of interest, and assuming John K. is correct, several
of them may indeed be Eran's opinion after all.

Noah