Re: Why polyglot is needed

Michael[tm] Smith writes:

> Sure, but then that <a> element is no longer serving any actual purpose in
> your document at all. So it's not a very compelling example of a real use
> case in need of polyglot markup.

The void element issue comes up all over the place.  I just checked a
small subset of the XHTML I have lying around, and 37 out of 100 had
35 out of a (different) 100 had

I also found 56 instances of XHTML files with one or more of
 <title></title>
 <a></a>
 <strong></strong>
alongside 25 instances of XHTML files with either or both of
 <title/>
so this is not a corner case.

ht
                Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk