Re: Some Feedback On Our Developer Meetup

On 17/06/2013 01:46, "Charles McCathie Nevile" <chaals@yandex-team.ru>
wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 17:03:37 +1000, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
>wrote:
> [...bunch o' stuff...]

Charles (et al)...

The TAG charter[1] states that our mission is:

1. to document and build consensus around principles of Web architecture
and to interpret and clarify these principles when necessary;
2. to resolve issues involving general Web architecture brought to the TAG;
3. to help coordinate cross-technology architecture developments inside
and outside W3C.

In my view, and in my interpretation, everything we've been discussing as
new work for the TAG falls into one of these three buckets.  However, you
also have to consider the concept of mandate.  This newly constituted TAG
has come about due a mandate which I perceive has come down to it through
the TAG electoral process.  The candidacy statements for at least two of
the new TAG members[2,3] included, for example, increased communication
with the Web developer community and increased coordination with bodies
such as TC39.  So this is what you (the advisory committee of the W3C)
have voted for.  I believe the TAG has also received a mandate through
this electoral process to reinterpret its charter in an activist light.

So please do continue to feed back and keep us honest, but please also
give us some breathing room to explore some new ideas about what the TAG
can do and what value it can play in the Web ecosystem.

Thanks,
Dan

1. http://www.w3.org/2004/10/27-tag-charter.html

2. http://infrequently.org/2012/12/reforming-the-w3c-tag/