Re: TAG future (was Re: Some Feedback On Our Developer Meetup)

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 12:47:30 +0900
To: John Kemp <john@jkemp.net>
Cc: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>, "Appelquist Daniel (UK)" <Daniel.Appelquist@telefonica.com>, www-tag <www-tag@w3.org>
On Wednesday 2013-06-05 21:55 -0400, John Kemp wrote:
> W3C represents the glue that binds its member companies with
> ordinary people who use the web -- either to author or read
> content.

I actually think the opposite.  I think it's the members who produce
products that connect the users of those products and most of the
developers for those products with the W3C.  Only the most technical
developers are capable of participating in the W3C's process
directly.  In most cases, user and developer requirements get
filtered through the developers of the products those users use.
I don't see much about the W3C that connects directly to users or to
most developers.

-David