Re: DOM, Promises, and licensing

> On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 1:46 PM, Jeff Jaffe <jeff@w3.org> wrote:
>> First, if Anne has a request, I would like to hear his request.  I don't
>> want to hypothetically guess his request and respond to all possible
>> interpretations.
> Alex asked why DOM in W3C was not updated. I told him that per your
> understanding of the W3C Member Agreement I could not be a Member of
> the W3C WebApps WG, push snapshots to TR/, while simultaneously edit
> http://dom.spec.whatwg.org/ This generalizes to other documents I work
> on as I understand it.
>
> I cannot speak for WHATWG (no space), but I personally would not want
> to edit anything that cannot be forked.

As we've discussed many times, at a personal level I respect your
decision not to work on documents that cannot be forked, even though it
disappoints me from a W3C point of view.

I've also said that over time I'm hopeful that we get to a point that we
have an evolved consensus in this area.

First step - still not a done deal - is the revision of the HTML5
Charter and forking for extension specifications.