Re: Highlighting issue of XML support in DOM 4

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel@glazman.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 18:57:41 +0100
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
CC: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>, Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>, Norm Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
On 22/01/13 18:47, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> I don't think polyglot markup is worthy of our time:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2013Jan/0042.html

Last time I checked, specs were adopted in the W3C by consensus and
usefulness for users, not by individual choice, and I thought you
wanted to give more authority and usefulness to the TAG.

And speaking of the message you quote above, I can accept the
opinion it expresses, but html goes now far beyond web sites,
things it did NOT back in 2002-2006. XHTML is the dominant flavor
in some areas.

</Daniel>