Re: Highlighting issue of XML support in DOM 4

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 17:13:28 +0200
To: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Cc: "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>, Daniel Glazman <daniel@glazman.org>, Norm Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 4:56 PM, Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com> wrote:
> As Henri says, the existence of an XML
> declaration is not part of the HTML model, and is from its perspective a
> serialization artifact.

Rather, I'm saying that the XML declaration shouldn't be considered to
be part of the *XML* data model, but the infoset spec seems to
disagree with me as far as the version and standalone parts go.
(AFAICT, the [character encoding scheme] property is not a 1-to-1
representation of the encoding pseudo-attribute from the XML
declaration.)

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi