RE: Highlighting issue of XML support in DOM 4 (was: TAG Decision .....develop a polyglot guide)

Why is the working group removing support for a feature which is widely deployed and used, and has significant use cases.

In the past, there have been strong arguments for retaining "features" (or mis-features, like sniffing) merely on reports (and scant evidence) that there were web sites that depended on backward compatibility with previous mis-configured browsers.

Removing features that are widely deployed seems like contradictory behavior.