Re: The non-polyglot elephant in the room

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 7:24 PM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
> Please correct me if my characterization is wrong, but it appears to me that
> this entire affair is about content-type (mime type) squatting i.e., trying
> to squeeze (X)HTML into content-type: text/html. If this is true, why on
> earth would such an endeavor be encouraged by the W3C or its TAG?

Maybe because XML is listed quite prominently under "What is Web
architecture?" in http://www.w3.org/2004/10/27-tag-charter.html though
I would consider that particular part of the charter misguided. (It's
also not at all practiced these days.)

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/