Re: TAG Decision on Rescinding the request to the HTML WG to develop a polyglot guide

On 1/19/2013 6:56 AM, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
> With this clarification, I hope the TAG understands why I suggest
> adding that line and is OK with it.

I wear two hats here, both as TAG member and chair: in this note I'm
speaking as chair, and so not offering any opinion on the merits of your
specific proposal.

The TAG made a proposal to the HTML WG for a change that would satisfy us
as a prerequisite to publishing the polyglot spec; Henry opened a bug
suggesting that our proposal be adopted; you are proposing a further change
and asking whether the TAG would be agreeable. All good as far as it goes.

My inclination is to let informal discussion proceed in both groups for
awhile before formally putting any questions to the TAG. If individual TAG
members want to discuss here the merits of proposals that's great, and
obviously that will help catch areas of disagreement.

My hope is that the HTML WG will then decide on a preferred course, and at
that point we can get formal concurrence from the TAG. Does that sound OK?

Noah