Re: FYI, tag election links

On 31 December 2012 02:56, Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com> wrote:

> I've posted some blog entries on the TAG election and my own personal
> perspectives and priorities:
>
> http://masinter.blogspot.com/2012/12/reinventing-w3c-tag.html
>
> http://masinter.blogspot.com/2012/12/governance-and-web-standards.html
> http://masinter.blogspot.com/2012/12/web-standards-and-security.html
> http://masinter.blogspot.com/2012/12/w3c-and-ietf-coordination.html

I agree that there could be more liaison with the IETF.  The impression I
have is that many involved with the IETF process are unfamiliar with the
"Web" stack.  Many do not understand the capabilities of sparql, which
essentially could have been a candidate to solve the webfinger use case.
Many coming to the web from the 2.0 era are unaware of the practicalities
of splitting an HTTP document into sections using the # character, and that
you can tie key / value pairs data points to those sections, creating a web
of data.  From my experience I have found these points very difficult to
explain to people that have pre conceived notions on how they think the web
is architected.  I do point people to AWWW but my impression is that most
do not have the patience to go through it and understand it.  I'd be
grateful if there were some pointers to easily accessible educational
material, either existing or ongoing.