Re: Revisiting Authoritative Metadata

Robin Berjon wrote:

> But last I checked the vast majority of web servers (not to mention
> server-side application frameworks) shipped with one. That's often
> where the problem comes from in the first place.

Sounds like just the sort of problem the TAG could address, without
changing the architecture to least-common-denominator.

> I wonder how much would break if such defaults were removed.

I wonder how long it would take webhosts to properly configure their
servers, once their customers start asking them why their sites no
longer work.  I further wonder if this wouldn't trigger some much-
needed weeding out of incompetents in the webhosting market.

-Eric