Re: Memento Internet Draft, new version

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 10:39 AM, Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the update. Were the changes in v06 stylistic, or were
> there changes made to the protocol itself?

Patterns to support Memento were added that had not been specified
previously. Previous versions of the I-D were based on the notion of a
remote TimeGate and 302 style negotiation. This version adds local
TimeGates and 200 style negotiation. As a result, Memento can be
supported in many more ways then previously specified, while existing
implementations based on prior versions of the I-D remain compatible.

There was also quite some reorganization and trimming of existing
material, which, I assume, one could call stylistic. The result of
these changes is, in the opinion of the editors, a much more
accessible spec.

Cheers

Herbert