Re: Polyglot markup and authors

On 2/18/2013 4:18 PM, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Unless your XSLT engine indeed renders incrementally (which IMHO is the
> case for IE's). And yes, it limits the complexity of the XPath expressions
> you use in the XSLT.

Just curious: does using an XPath that "looks ahead" really not work, or
does it just prevent streaming behavior? I would have thought that if
someone was building a streaming transform system they would produce output
when possible given the input received so far, and in other cases wait
until sufficient input is buffered. Is IE doing something else?

Thank you.

Noah