Re: IndexedDB, what were the issues? How do we stop it from happening again?

From: Kyaw Tun <kyawtun@yathit.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 11:13:42 +0800
To: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Cc: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
Why did you feel it was necessary to write a layer on top of IndexedDB?

Point taken. But it is by design, IndexedDB API is low level.

If you want web developer happy, there should be higher level query API in
the specification.

On the other hand, web developers are at fault. Most web developer are not
up to the skill of asynchronous workflow. Developer use wrapper library
even for very simple http request API. How will it be possible to design
database API without easing with a wrapper library? I don't see fault on w3
specification on IndexedDB API.

What really need, is copy-and-paste code samples for common use case and
helpful community like jquery community.