Re: IndexedDB, what were the issues? How do we stop it from happening again?

On 2/11/13 4:22 PM, Marcos Caceres wrote:

> On Monday, 11 February 2013 at 20:44, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>
>> IndexedDB is an API for that kind of work scoped to the needs of DBMS
>> engines that aren't necessarily so called SQL RDBMS variants. For folks
>> that write the kind of drivers outlined above, it looks fine.
>>

> Sure, but I thought these APIs were made for "Web Developers" and not the niche group of people who write database drivers. I'm trying to track down the statistics about Web developers (education attainment, etc. I know there are some stats somewhere, so if anyone has a pointer...). I imagine most, like me, do not hold a degree in computer science or software engineering (if they hold a degree at all!). That's not too say we are less capable than people that do, but we are skilled in different areas.

For the Web developer its inherently tricky (if uptake is prime
motivation).  That said, no harm with a higher level abstraction for
some key Web developer community profile etc. :-)

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO