[Hosnieh Rafiee] [apps-discuss] new mailing list in security area

FYI, wrt security as a possible workitem. . .

ht

Forwarded message 1

  • From: Hosnieh Rafiee <ietf@rozanak.com>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 16:56:41 +0100
  • Subject: [apps-discuss] new mailing list in security area
  • To: <saag@ietf.org>, <apps-discuss@ietf.org>, <sacm@ietf.org>, <v6ops@ietf.org>

Hello,

There is a new mailing list in security area. The discussion will be
fruitful if there are people from different backgrounds and not only
security (security, operational views, application layer, network layer,
privacy, etc). I already invited the people who I could remember. If I
missed to invite you, just feel free to join this mailing list. The purpose
is to find solutions to automate authentication and use network layer for
this means but at the same time take care of performance, privacy and the
possibility of this solution.

This is the description of this mailing list.

This list is for the discussions relating to using the IP layer as a  means
of authentication in other upper layers, especially the  application layer,
by considering both security and privacy on one  hand and performance on the
other hand. The goal is to come up with  the implementation of a library for
this purpose. The focus is on  both nodes with limited resources (battery,
memory, etc) and other nodes.

We are also discussing the possible implementation or implementation
barriers from operational points of view.

Looking forward to see your participations there :-)

Thanks,

Smile

Hosnieh