Re: New Version Notification for draft-nottingham-uri-get-off-my-lawn-00.txt

On 02/08/2013, at 1:36 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 12:30 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
>> Looks good. There's a legacy part of the platform related to plugins
>> where we violate this:
>> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#concept-embed-type
>> You might want to call that out. I don't think there's anything else.

I'll leave that one for the TAG et al to discuss; sniffing filename extensions is new, isn't it?

The other one I'm aware of is the +web stuff in the URI scheme, but that can be taken care of with a short update to the URI scheme registration doc.

> Simon Sapin pointed out there's also /robots.txt. And there's
> /favicon.ico. Apple has hijacked various icon related URLs too, which
> other vendors have copied to some extent. It seems at least
> "/favicon.ico" and "/robots.txt" should be considered exceptions, too.

Yeah, that's not standard, so not really in scope for this (although it'd be nice if others listened). Effectively, they're grandfathered in by the well-known URI spec.

Cheers and thanks for the review,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/