RE: W3C Evolution wiki needs to be finished

Yuhong Bao <yuhongbao_386@hotmail.com> wrote:
> This really needs to be finished:
> http://w3.org/wiki/Evolution

A bit of history:

I set up the Wiki entry based on a previous document http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/evolution/ which I had hoped would be taken up by the TAG.
However, I don't think there have been any other contributions.

As I remember it, though, there was little interest from other TAG members in working on the material (I didn't  get TAG agenda time to present all of http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/mimeweb.pdf )

 and eventually closed off further TAG work on the topic:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Dec/0085.html
resulting in closing the product page:
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/mimeweb-2012-04-29

If the current TAG now  wants to pursue the topic, I'm happy to participate here, but otherwise I'd suggest taking the discussion to another venue. I've been thinking of taking down the Wiki and turning it into an academic paper.

Re "It will help prove that the W3C Process is flawed, for example."

All standards processes are "flawed" in that there is a tradeoff between conflicting goals which the standards process attempts to resolve. And I think W3C is continually developing its process.

Larry
--
http://larry.masinter.net