License Feedback

From: Renato Iannella <ri@semanticidentity.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 22:02:08 +1000
To: www-tag@w3.org

Feedback on the Publishing and Linking on the Web Working Draft [1] section 4.1.6 Licensing:

1 - The 1st sentence is a bit limiting and assumes "reuse" for all licenses and should be more precise.
     Suggest change to "Websites may include a license that describes the terms and conditions for use of the Web Content."

2 - The 2nd sentence only refers to crawlers as the beneficiaries of the 2 bullet list items. I would also say that this is useful for Users.

3 - In bullet point 1.2, I suggest you refer to dc:license as a more generic property (then cc:license)

4 -  In bullet point 2.2, I suggest you also refer to other options for machine readable licenses (as they are all CC related now) and include a link
      to the W3C ODRL Policy Language: http://www.w3.org/community/odrl/

Cheers...
Renato Iannella
Semantic Identity