W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > October 2012

Draft minutes of TAG telcon 2012-10-25 now available

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 20:16:56 +0100
To: www-tag@w3.org
Message-ID: <f5br4ol11sn.fsf@calexico.inf.ed.ac.uk>
online at

  http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/10/25-minutes.html

and below in plain text.

ht

                                   - DRAFT -

                  Technical Architecture Group Teleconference

25 Oct 2012

   [2]Agenda

   See also: [3]IRC log

Attendees

   Present
          Tim Berners-Lee, Yves Lafon, Ashok Malhotra, Noah Mendelsohn,
          Jeni Tennison, Henry S. Thompson

   Regrets
          Larry Masinter

   Absent
          Peter Linss, Jonathan Rees

   Chair
          Noah Mendelsohn

   Scribe
          Henry S. Thompson

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Convene/Admin
         2. [6]TPAC
         3. [7]Pending Review items
         4. [8]Overdue Action items
         5. [9]TPAC
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________________

Convene/Admin

   NM: No call next week, 2012-10-01
   ... Next call will be 2012-10-08

   AM: Regrets for 8 November

   NM: RESOLUTION: approved
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/10/18-minutes as minutes for
   2012-10-18 call
   ... Can we publish 2012-10-07 f2f minutes?

   YL: I think we should wait

   HST: I agree -- JAR needs to update

   NM: HST, please chase JAR

   HST: will do

   NM: Once that is done, I presume we can go ahead and publish
   ... Two new drafts are out?

   YL: FragIDs is out, Pub and Link should go out today

   NM: FragIDs is a Last Call

   YL: Pub and Link will be Last Call as well

TPAC

   NM: Product Page index and individual pages should be correct, so that
   we can point to that/them at TPAC w/o embarrassment

   AM: Waiting for P&L to be published, will do update then, pbly tomorrow

   NM: Don't forget the index page

   <JeniT> [12]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/

   NM: Index should be consistent with page itself

   JT: RB won't be updating the Privacy page. . .

   AM: PL was going to look at it

   NM: Can anyone to a quick fix on that?

   JT: I'll do something when I do the FragIDs page

   <noah> Discuss any preparation needed for TPAC

   <noah> AB syncup?

   <noah> Publishing and linking last call (next item)?

   <noah> Election procedures

   <noah> Other?

   HST: I will check on persistence and URIs

   NM: HST is taking the lead wrt presentation planning

   HST: I have done nothing yet, because waiting for meeting on Monday
   with LM, PL and AM

   <noah> JT: Do you want 3 slides from me?

   HST: We'll give you some input

   HST: Yes, great, we may give you some "anticipatory feedback"

   NM: There will be a lunch with the AB, people have signed up

   AM: Anything specific you (NM) want brought up?

   NM: No -- anyone else?
   ... Election procedures?

   AM: Got the feeling that the AB don't want to talk about it much

   NM: If we pushed hard, they might do something

   NM: How hard should we push Single Transferable Vote

   HST: Let's start by getting a sense of where a broader cross-section of
   the AB is on this.

   HST: Might be worth pursuing, depending on how others on the AB feel
   who haven't spoken up yet.

   NM: Anything to add to the agenda?

Pending Review items

   [None]

   NM: Once we move the two pubs out the door for real, we need to have
   some other topics to get working on. . .

Overdue Action items

   <noah> ACTION-617?

   <trackbot> ACTION-617 -- Yves Lafon to work with Noah to take
   [13]http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-namespaceState-20060329/ off the Rec
   track -- due 2012-10-23 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [14]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/617

   YL: Hope to resolve after TPAC

   <noah> ACTION-617 Due 2012-11-08

   <trackbot> ACTION-617 Work with Noah to take
   [15]http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-namespaceState-20060329/ off the Rec
   track due date now 2012-11-08

   YL: SotD review?

   NM: Send it to everyone

   <noah> ACTION-748?

   <trackbot> ACTION-748 -- Ashok Malhotra to prepare draft of Publishing
   and Linking by Oct 15 -- due 2012-10-15 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [16]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/748

   <noah> close ACTION-748

   <trackbot> ACTION-748 prepare draft of Publishing and Linking by Oct 15
   closed

   NM: Close this and replace with "respond to LC feedback"?

   AM: Closing date?

   YL: 2012-12-13

   NM: So we'll try to have responses ready before the f2f

   <noah> ACTION: Ashok to prepare response to last call feedback on
   Publishing and Linking - Due 2013-01-07 [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/10/25-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-763 - prepare response to last call feedback
   on Publishing and Linking [on Ashok Malhotra - due 2013-01-07].

   AM: So we need to ask people to review this, specifically
   ... JAR and LM to make suggestions

   NM: Need an action?

   AM: Yes, OK

   <noah> ACTION: Ashok to arrange for expert review of Publishing and
   Linking last call draft - Due 2012-11-08 [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/10/25-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-764 - arrange for expert review of Publishing
   and Linking last call draft [on Ashok Malhotra - due 2012-11-08].

   <noah> ACTION-718?

   <trackbot> ACTION-718 -- Ashok Malhotra to propose goals and success
   critera for TAG work on architectural issues relating to storage sync,
   linked data, etc. -- due 2012-10-10 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [19]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/718

   <noah> ACTION-718 Due 2012-11-13

   <trackbot> ACTION-718 Propose goals and success critera for TAG work on
   architectural issues relating to storage sync, linked data, etc. due
   date now 2012-11-13

   <noah> ACTION-724?

   <trackbot> ACTION-724 -- Henry Thompson to investigate possible TAG
   efforts on URI scheme proliferation and extension points -- due
   2012-10-05 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [20]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/724

   <noah> ACTION-724?

   <trackbot> ACTION-724 -- Henry Thompson to investigate possible TAG
   efforts on URI scheme proliferation and extension points -- due
   2012-10-05 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [21]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/724

   HST: Talked last time

   <noah> ACTION-724 Due 2012-11-06

   <trackbot> ACTION-724 investigate possible TAG efforts on URI scheme
   proliferation and extension points due date now 2012-11-06

   <noah> ACTION-23?

   <trackbot> ACTION-23 -- Henry Thompson to track progress of #int bug
   1974 in the XML Schema namespace document in the XML Schema WG -- due
   2012-10-05 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [22]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/23

   <noah> That was opened 2007...at least we're persistent

   HST: There's actually been recent discussion

   <noah> ACTION-23 Due 2012-11-06

   <trackbot> ACTION-23 track progress of #int bug 1974 in the XML Schema
   namespace document in the XML Schema WG due date now 2012-11-06

   <noah> ACTION-560?

   <trackbot> ACTION-560 -- Henry Thompson to review HTML polyglot last
   call -- due 2012-10-05 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [23]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/560

   HST: I did my actions long ago, should have been pending. Sent personal
   comments in. Some things got changed. Some got taken to XML Core and
   some good things came of that.

   HST: So, overtaken.

   <noah> close ACTION-560

   <trackbot> ACTION-560 Review HTML polyglot last call closed

   <noah> ACTION-742?

   <trackbot> ACTION-742 -- Henry Thompson to excavate a statement on the
   TAG voting issue from email/minutes that we can consider as a basis for
   email to the AB -- due 2012-10-04 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [24]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/742

   <noah> close ACTION-742

   <trackbot> ACTION-742 Excavate a statement on the TAG voting issue from
   email/minutes that we can consider as a basis for email to the AB
   closed

   <noah> ACTION-672?

   <trackbot> ACTION-672 -- Jeni Tennison to work with PLH to create
   W3C-sponsored registry of HTML extensions, and get that referenced from
   HTML media type registration, per
   [25]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2012Jan/0048.html --
   due 2012-05-29 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [26]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/672

   JT: Needs discussion -- I reached out to PLH and Mike Smith
   ... got no response
   ... There is the new Web Platform initiative, right?

   YL: Not at w3.org, but like a Wiki, can be editted

   <Yves> [27]http://www.webplatform.org/

   JT: Does it have a list of all the HTML extensions under discussion

   JT: Because if it does, all we have to do is include a pointer to that
   page in the media type registration for text/html

   HST: I'd be surprised if IETF would accept a media type registration
   that pointed to a community-editable page

   <noah> Jeni, regarding privacy update to product page, check out
   ACTION-716 [28]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/716

   <JeniT> ... it's not as simple as having a pointer to that page

   JT: On the other hand, there is the pressure within IETF towards
   lighter touch wrt registries

   NM: Reviewed vs. unreviewed?

   JT: There is IETF pressure to move toward more wiki-like registration

   HST: I wasn't aware of a two-phase story

   JT: More the idea that if you want to encourage people to register
   things, a lighter-weight process is needed

   JT: There will be some kind of status field . . .

   NM: So something as important as, say, image/jpg, would have to be able
   to move from just proposed to seriously endorsed

   JT: Push it back

   <noah> ACTION-672 Due 2012-11-06

   <trackbot> ACTION-672 Work with PLH to create W3C-sponsored registry of
   HTML extensions, and get that referenced from HTML media type
   registration, per
   [29]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2012Jan/0048.html due
   date now 2012-11-06

   JT: Two/three weeks -- I can try to make some progress at TPAC

   <noah> ACTION-741?

   <trackbot> ACTION-741 -- Noah Mendelsohn to check with Norm Walsh on
   closing out HTML/XML unification work -- due 2012-10-04 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [30]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/741

   <noah> ACTION-741 Due 2012-11-06

   <trackbot> ACTION-741 Check with Norm Walsh on closing out HTML/XML
   unification work due date now 2012-11-06

   <noah> ACTION-716?

   <trackbot> ACTION-716 -- Noah Mendelsohn to update privacy product page
   to indicate a) possible handoff to other group b) liaison with IAB &
   IETF privacy interest group c) goal to initiate larger activity in
   privacy - Due: 2012-07-31 -- due 2012-06-19 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [31]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/716

   NM: JT, you had said you might update the PP index -- this action is
   the relevant basis

   JT: This looks like Privacy as a whole, not the 'old' API minimization

   <noah> ACTION-762?

   <trackbot> ACTION-762 -- Peter Linss to prepare for review a draft of a
   TAG Note focusing on the minimization message in the privacy finding.
   PL to check w/Robin and Dan first. -- due 2013-11-27 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [32]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/762

   JT: That due date looks wrong

   <noah> ACTION-762?

   <trackbot> ACTION-762 -- Peter Linss to prepare for review a draft of a
   TAG Note focusing on the minimization message in the privacy finding.
   PL to check w/Robin and Dan first. -- due 2012-11-27 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [33]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/762

   <noah> ACTION-716 Due 2013-01-06

   <trackbot> ACTION-716 Update privacy product page to indicate a)
   possible handoff to other group b) liaison with IAB & IETF privacy
   interest group c) goal to initiate larger activity in privacy - Due:
   2012-07-31 due date now 2013-01-06

   <noah> action-760?

   <trackbot> ACTION-760 -- Noah Mendelsohn to send Steve Zilles note
   saying Henry, Larry, Peter, Ashok, Tim and Jeni (Wed) could meet with
   AB -- due 2012-10-16 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [34]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/760

   <noah> close ACTION-760

   <trackbot> ACTION-760 Send Steve Zilles note saying Henry, Larry,
   Peter, Ashok, Tim and Jeni (Wed) could meet with AB closed

   <noah> ACTION-743?

   <trackbot> ACTION-743 -- Noah Mendelsohn to schedule F2F discussion of
   issues report to Jeff Jaffe, see ACTION-563 -- due 2012-10-04 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [35]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/743

   NM: This needs to be retargetted at the Jan f2f

   <noah> ACTION-743?

   <trackbot> ACTION-743 -- Noah Mendelsohn to schedule F2F discussion of
   issues report to Jeff Jaffe, see ACTION-563 -- due 2012-10-04 --
   PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [36]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/743

   <noah> ACTION-692?

   <trackbot> ACTION-692 -- Noah Mendelsohn to consider JAR's april
   request to discuss, for 10 mins, issues list at oct f2f -- due
   2012-09-10 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [37]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/692

   NM: I view the old traditional issues list as a historical record of
   open issues of architectural significance
   ... whereas the product page records our current priorities

   <noah> ACTION-692?

   <trackbot> ACTION-692 -- Noah Mendelsohn to consider JAR's april
   request to discuss, for 10 mins, issues list at oct f2f -- due
   2012-09-10 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [38]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/692

   NM: If they aren't converging, we have a potential problem
   ... So I will bring this back for consideration

TPAC

   NM: I have reserved rooms for Monday morning and Friday afternoon

   HST: I will be at WG meeting that morning (presume Monday). Peter too,
   I suspect. Suggest we duck out of our WGs late morning ahead of lunch.

   HST: Sounds like Ashok and Larry are not in WGs. Perhaps you should
   meet up with Tim Monday morning?

   TBL: There's WebID and RDF (scribe infers Tim wants to go to those)

   TBL: Could do breakfast

   AM: When is WebID

   TBL: Mon/Tue
   ... Same time as RDF WG
   ... LDP is Thu/Fri

   NM: OK?

   HST: Catch as catch can

   <timbl> Actually I am leaving Friday early afternoon: 3:30 pm

   NM: Adjourned

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Ashok to arrange for expert review of Publishing and
   Linking last call draft - Due 2012-11-08 [recorded in
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/10/25-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: Ashok to prepare response to last call feedback on
   Publishing and Linking - Due 2013-01-07 [recorded in
   [40]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/10/25-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [41]scribe.perl version 1.135
    ([42]CVS log)
    $Date: 2012/10/26 19:14:31 $

References

   1. http://www.w3.org/
   2. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/10/25-agenda.html
   3. http://www.w3.org/2012/10/25-tagmem-irc
   4. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/10/25-minutes.html#agenda
   5. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/10/25-minutes.html#item01
   6. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/10/25-minutes.html#item02
   7. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/10/25-minutes.html#item03
   8. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/10/25-minutes.html#item04
   9. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/10/25-minutes.html#item05
  10. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/10/25-minutes.html#ActionSummary
  11. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/10/18-minutes
  12. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/
  13. http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-namespaceState-20060329/
  14. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/617
  15. http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-namespaceState-20060329/
  16. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/748
  17. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/10/25-minutes.html#action01
  18. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/10/25-minutes.html#action02
  19. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/718
  20. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/724
  21. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/724
  22. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/23
  23. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/560
  24. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/742
  25. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2012Jan/0048.html
  26. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/672
  27. http://www.webplatform.org/
  28. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/716
  29. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2012Jan/0048.html
  30. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/741
  31. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/716
  32. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/762
  33. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/762
  34. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/760
  35. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/743
  36. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/743
  37. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/692
  38. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/692
  39. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/10/25-minutes.html#action02
  40. http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/10/25-minutes.html#action01
  41. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
  42. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

-- 
       Henry S. Thompson, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh
      10 Crichton Street, Edinburgh EH8 9AB, SCOTLAND -- (44) 131 650-4440
                Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk
                       URL: http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/~ht/
 [mail from me _always_ has a .sig like this -- mail without it is forged spam]
Received on Friday, 26 October 2012 19:17:23 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Friday, 26 October 2012 19:17:23 GMT