W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > October 2012

draft minutes of 18 october teleconference available

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 11:05:10 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-tag@w3.org
Message-ID: <alpine.DEB.1.10.1210251103320.17281@wnl.j3.bet>
See
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/10/18-minutes.html
and text version below:

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

               Technical Architecture Group Teleconference

18 Oct 2012

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2012/10/18-tagmem-irc

Attendees

    Present
           ht, plinss, noah, Ashok_Malhotra, Yves, Larry,
           Noah_Mendelsohn

    Regrets
    Chair
           Noah

    Scribe
           Yves

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]approval of minutes
          2. [5]Administrative item
          3. [6]action to be closed
          4. [7]TPAC
          5. [8]Publishing and Linking
          6. [9]action items
      * [10]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

approval of minutes

    no weekly minutes needs approval

    minutes of f2f not entirely received yet

    ...postponed until next week

    <trackbot>
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/739

      [11] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/739

Administrative item

    <ht> HST happy with Election Procedures email

    <noah> ACTION-744?

    <trackbot> ACTION-744 -- Noah Mendelsohn to send a message to
    the AB to ask them to review the election procedures for the
    TAG -- due 2012-10-14 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/744

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/744

    <noah>
    [13]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2012Oct/0027.html

      [13] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2012Oct/0027.html

    <noah> ab@w3.org?

    RESOLUTION: send the E-mail on TAG election procedures email to
    the AB <ab@w3.org>

    <noah> HT: ab list is member-only...follow their precedent

    (discussions about Cc:ing www-tag, result is no)

    <noah> Permission to close 744 once sent? No objection.

    Noah: the f2f minutes have the discussion around that issue
    public anyway

action to be closed

    <noah> ACTION-701?

    <trackbot> ACTION-701 -- Noah Mendelsohn to follow up with
    Robin on election reform -- due 2012-08-01 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/701

      [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/701

    <noah> ACTION-721?

    <trackbot> ACTION-721 -- Noah Mendelsohn to update product
    index to target date on publishing & linking -- due 2012-06-20
    -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/721

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/721

    <noah> ACTION-736?

    <trackbot> ACTION-736 -- Noah Mendelsohn to prod Henry on
    ACTION-724 for F2F -- due 2012-09-06 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/736

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/736

    <noah> close ACTION-701

    <trackbot> ACTION-701 Follow up with Robin on election reform
    closed

    <noah> close ACTION-721

    <trackbot> ACTION-721 Update product index to target date on
    publishing & linking closed

    no objections, action closed

    <noah> close ACTION-736

    <trackbot> ACTION-736 Prod Henry on ACTION-724 for F2F closed

    <noah> ACTION-733?

    <trackbot> ACTION-733 -- Larry Masinter to prepare for 30
    minute report on HTTP 2.0/SPDY at October 2012 F2F -- due
    2012-09-28 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/733

      [17] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/733

    <noah> close ACTION-733?

    <noah> ACTION-739?

    <trackbot> ACTION-739 -- Noah Mendelsohn to schedule F2F
    discussion of XXX handler registration see discussion on 20
    Sept. -- due 2012-09-27 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/739

      [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/739

    <noah> close ACTION-739

    <trackbot> ACTION-739 Schedule F2F discussion of XXX handler
    registration see discussion on 20 Sept. closed

    <noah> ACTION-740?

    <trackbot> ACTION-740 -- Larry Masinter to update the
    governance frame for Oct F2F discussion -- due 2012-09-27 --
    PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/740

      [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/740

    <noah> close ACTION-740

    <trackbot> ACTION-740 Update the governance frame for Oct F2F
    discussion closed

TPAC

    nothing heard from the ab wrt joint meeting

    <noah> HT: Suggest nothing further official on AB syncup unless
    they reach out to us

    Larry: I'll bug Steve

    <noah> Ian Jacobs:
    [20]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2012Oct/0020.html

      [20] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2012Oct/0020.html

    <noah> From Ian's note:

    <noah> Some options:

    <noah> * 5 minutes at the AC meeting (Tuesday afternoon or
    Thursday morning)

    <noah> * An breakout session during TPAC plenary. You don't
    have to use the whole hour if you don't need it.

    <noah> * A lightning talk during the plenary session on "new
    work".

    <noah> We can do all of them, or a subset.

    ht: we won't do a breakout session
    ... I'll happy to make sure we don't drop this

    <masinter> I'm thinking of a breakout sesssion about precision
    and error handling

    <noah> Larry, do we need to discuss that here.

    <masinter> no

    <masinter> i'm working on the "list of issues for Jeff" and
    want to talk about the issues to people at TPAC

    Ashok: publishing and linking can be mentionned in item 1 or 3

    noah: lightning talk would make sense

    <masinter> I'm trying to decide whether I want "last call" of
    P&L before or after TPAC

    <masinter> list of issues for jeff

    <masinter> the issues I have are governance, security, http,
    URI, TAG

    Noah: we got this discussed at the f2f, no?

    Larry: the list is constructed from memory, I'll check the f2f
    minutes

Publishing and Linking

    Ashok: I added an executive summary

    the document was sent on monday, no comments since then

    diff is at
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2007/10/htmldiff?doc1=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3
    .org%2F2001%2Ftag%2Fdoc%2FPublishingAndLinkingOnTheWeb-2012-08-
    15.html&doc2=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2F2001%2Ftag%2Fdoc%2Fpubli
    shingAndLinkingOnTheWeb.html

      [21] 
http://www.w3.org/2007/10/htmldiff?doc1=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2F2001%2Ftag%2Fdoc%2FPublishingAndLinkingOnTheWeb-2012-08-15.html&doc2=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2F2001%2Ftag%2Fdoc%2FpublishingAndLinkingOnTheWeb.html

    Larry: we told some people we would ask for feedback, I would
    like their comment before LC

    <masinter> Last call is a general call for review

    <masinter> if we have 3-4 specific people we want to ask for
    review, we could do that before Last Call

    <masinter> i could go either way

    Noah: the trade-off is that we don't want to LC if we think
    it's broken. Here there is no downside of going to LC back to
    WD, so not a big deal either way

    <ht> +1 to last call now

    Ashok: I'd rather go to LC now and deal with comments

    <masinter> i'm fine with Last Call now

    Yves: looks fine to go to LC now

    <masinter> +1 to last call before TPAC

    Ashok: when can it be published?

    <masinter> weren't we going to write exit criteria

    <Ashok> Yves, if we agree today, we can publish next week

    Noah: my inclination here is not to dive in process issue about
    exit criteria, LC is a good next step to get attention on the
    document

    <noah> . PROPOSAL: We agree to take
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/PublishingAndLinkingOnTheWeb
    -20121015.html to last call, expecting publication in time for
    TPAC review. Yves w/rest of TAG to get suitable W3C news
    announcement.

      [22] 
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/PublishingAndLinkingOnTheWeb-20121015.html

    <masinter> ok, the exit criteria discussion was about fragid,
    not p&l

    <noah> RESOLUTION: We agree to take
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/PublishingAndLinkingOnTheWeb
    -20121015.html to last call, expecting publication in time for
    TPAC review. Yves w/rest of TAG to get suitable W3C news
    announcement.

      [23] 
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/PublishingAndLinkingOnTheWeb-20121015.html

    <noah> Approved without objection.

    [24]http://www.w3.org/News/2012#entry-9565

      [24] http://www.w3.org/News/2012#entry-9565

    FPWD announcement.

    Yves: we can iterate form this announcement, asking explicitly
    for feedback

    <noah> ACTION-747?

    <trackbot> ACTION-747 -- Ashok Malhotra to update product page
    on publishing and linking: dates and link to public draft --
    due 2012-10-14 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/747

      [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/747

    <masinter> action-755?

    <trackbot> ACTION-755 -- Larry Masinter to with help from Ashok
    (and TAG), 1) decide exit criteria on Publishing & Linking 2)
    Rec track vs. Finding 3) Update product page to match -- due
    2012-10-16 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/755

      [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/755

    <noah> ACTION-755 Due 2012-10-28

    <trackbot> ACTION-755 with help from Ashok (and TAG), 1) decide
    exit criteria on Publishing & Linking 2) Rec track vs. Finding
    3) Update product page to match due date now 2012-10-28

    <noah> ACTION-747 Due 2012-10-28

    <trackbot> ACTION-747 Update product page on publishing and
    linking: dates and link to public draft due date now 2012-10-28

    <noah> ACTION-755?

    <trackbot> ACTION-755 -- Larry Masinter to with help from Ashok
    (and TAG), decide exit criteria on Publishing & Linking - must
    be ahead of CR -- due 2012-11-20 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/755

      [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/755

    <noah> ACTION-747?

    <trackbot> ACTION-747 -- Ashok Malhotra to update product page
    on publishing and linking: dates and link to public draft --
    due 2012-10-28 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/747

      [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/747

action items

    <noah> ACTION-708?

    <trackbot> ACTION-708 -- Henry Thompson to check with Chris
    Lilley on likely near term progress of RFC 3023bis -- due
    2012-09-01 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/708

      [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/708

    <noah> ACTION-564?

    <trackbot> ACTION-564 -- Henry Thompson to track fragid issues
    in 3023bis, report to TAG and/or communicate with 3023bis
    editors as appropriate -- due 2012-10-23 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/564

      [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/564

    <ht>
    [31]https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lilley-xml-mediatype
    s/

      [31] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lilley-xml-mediatypes/

    <ht> Keep 564

    <ht> Close 708

    <noah> close ACTION-708

    <trackbot> ACTION-708 Check with Chris Lilley on likely near
    term progress of RFC 3023bis closed

    <ht> Move date to 1-Dec-2012

    <noah> ACTION-564 Due 2012-12-01

    <trackbot> ACTION-564 Track fragid issues in 3023bis, report to
    TAG and/or communicate with 3023bis editors as appropriate due
    date now 2012-12-01

    <noah> ACTION-564?

    <trackbot> ACTION-564 -- Henry Thompson to track fragid issues
    in 3023bis, report to TAG and/or communicate with 3023bis
    editors as appropriate -- due 2012-12-01 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/564

      [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/564

    <noah> ACTION-733?

    <trackbot> ACTION-733 -- Larry Masinter to prepare for 30
    minute report on HTTP 2.0/SPDY at October 2012 F2F -- due
    2012-09-28 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [33]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/733

      [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/733

    <noah> ACTION-659?

    <trackbot> ACTION-659 -- Yves Lafon to track IETF efforts on
    HTTP 2.0 & SPDY -- due 2013-01-01 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [34]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/659

      [34] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/659

    <noah> close ACTION-733

    <trackbot> ACTION-733 prepare for 30 minute report on HTTP
    2.0/SPDY at October 2012 F2F closed

    <noah> ACTION-750?

    <trackbot> ACTION-750 -- Noah Mendelsohn to contact Ian about
    TAG participation in TPAC -- see minutes of 8 Oct late
    afternoon -- due 2012-10-15 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [35]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/750

      [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/750

    <ht> Fine

    <noah> ACTION-750?

    <trackbot> ACTION-750 -- Henry Thompson to contact Ian about
    TAG participation in TPAC -- see minutes of 8 Oct late
    afternoon -- due 2012-10-30 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [36]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/750

      [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/750

    <noah> ACTION-744?

    <trackbot> ACTION-744 -- Noah Mendelsohn to send a message to
    the AB to ask them to review the election procedures for the
    TAG -- due 2012-10-14 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [37]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/744

      [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/744

    <noah> ACTION-734?

    <trackbot> ACTION-734 -- Noah Mendelsohn to schedule discussion
    of vendor prefixes (ACTION-711) at F2F -- due 2012-09-20 --
    PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [38]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/734

      [38] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/734

    <noah> ACTION-672?

    <trackbot> ACTION-672 -- Jeni Tennison to work with PLH to
    create W3C-sponsored registry of HTML extensions, and get that
    referenced from HTML media type registration, per
    [39]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2012Jan/0048.ht
    ml -- due 2012-05-29 -- OPEN

      [39] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2012Jan/0048.html

    <trackbot>
    [40]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/672

      [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/672

    <noah> ACTION-724?

    <trackbot> ACTION-724 -- Henry Thompson to investigate possible
    TAG efforts on URI scheme proliferation and extension points --
    due 2012-10-05 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [41]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/724

      [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/724

    Yves: I recall we discussed extensions in general, we might
    keep discussion about CSS vendor prefixes as well

    Noah: should we schedule discussion next week?

    Peter: I brought the issues about CSS vendor prefix

    Noah: the question is.. is it a model for anything else?

    Peter: there are discussions in the CSS WG about changing it,
    nothing concrete so far

    Larry: it would be good to know what are the issues

    <masinter> i'm still interested in this topic

    <noah> ACTION-734?

    <trackbot> ACTION-734 -- Noah Mendelsohn to schedule discussion
    of vendor prefixes (ACTION-711) at F2F -- due 2012-09-20 --
    PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [42]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/734

      [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/734

    Larry: can you brief us about csswg discussions about vendor
    prefixes?

    <noah> ACTION-711?

    <trackbot> ACTION-711 -- Peter Linss to report on CSS WG plans
    for documenting policies relating to deployment and withdrawal
    of vendor-prefixed identifiers -- due 2012-11-20 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [43]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/711

      [43] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/711

    Peter: I have an action to write a document about that

    <masinter> i'm ok with dropping 734 and keeping 711 open

    <noah> close ACTION-734?

    <noah> ACTION-711?

    <trackbot> ACTION-711 -- Peter Linss to report on CSS WG plans
    for documenting policies relating to deployment and withdrawal
    of vendor-prefixed identifiers -- due 2012-11-20 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [44]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/711

      [44] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/711

    <noah> close ACTION-734

    <trackbot> ACTION-734 schedule discussion of vendor prefixes
    (ACTION-711) at F2F closed

    <noah> ACTION-683?

    <trackbot> ACTION-683 -- Yves Lafon to figure out who might be
    a good choice to present Hybi (and as appropriate WebSocket
    protocols) to the TAG -- due 2012-10-02 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [45]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/683

      [45] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/683

    <noah> YL: Started to discuss w/Mike, but he was away. On hold.

    <noah> ACTION-683 Due 2012-12-04

    <trackbot> ACTION-683 Figure out who might be a good choice to
    present Hybi (and as appropriate WebSocket protocols) to the
    TAG due date now 2012-12-04

    <noah> ACTION-617?

    <trackbot> ACTION-617 -- Yves Lafon to work with Noah to take
    [46]http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-namespaceState-20060329/ off
    the Rec track -- due 2012-10-15 -- OPEN

      [46] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-namespaceState-20060329/

    <trackbot>
    [47]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/617

      [47] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/617

    <noah> ACTION-617 Due 2012-10-23

    <trackbot> ACTION-617 Work with Noah to take
    [48]http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-namespaceState-20060329/ off
    the Rec track due date now 2012-10-23

      [48] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-namespaceState-20060329/

    <noah> Good Practice

    <noah> Specifications that define namespaces SHOULD explicitly
    state their policy with respect to changes in the names defined
    in that namespace.

    <masinter> seems like it belongs in the XML spec

    <noah> ACTION-617?

    <trackbot> ACTION-617 -- Yves Lafon to work with Noah to take
    [49]http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-namespaceState-20060329/ off
    the Rec track -- due 2012-10-23 -- OPEN

      [49] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-namespaceState-20060329/

    <trackbot>
    [50]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/617

      [50] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/617

    ht: this is not the XML-core business, it's a TAG issue,
    relative to httprange-14

    <masinter> should be errata / addendum to namespace rec

    <ht> Whoops

    noah: how about publishing this document as a note, and send
    the pointer to that note to xml-core (to be put on there work
    pile if they think it's ok with them)

    <ht> I like Noah's suggestion

    Yves: +1

    <ht> I have to leave :-(

    <masinter> +1

    <masinter> add an XML section to
    [51]http://www.webplatform.org/ :P

      [51] http://www.webplatform.org/

    <plinss> +1

    due to technical issues... ADJOURNED

Summary of Action Items

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [52]scribe.perl version
     1.137 ([53]CVS log)
     $Date: 2012/10/25 15:01:10 $
      __________________________________________________________

      [52] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [53] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.137  of Date: 2012/09/20 20:19:01
Check for newer version at [54]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

      [54] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/aforementionned/E-mail on TAG election procedures/
Succeeded: s/form/from/
Found Scribe: Yves
Inferring ScribeNick: Yves
Default Present: ht, plinss, noah, Ashok_Malhotra, Yves, +1.415.832.aaaa
, Larry, Noah_Mendelsohn
Present: ht plinss noah Ashok_Malhotra Yves +1.415.832.aaaa Larry Noah_M
endelsohn
Found Date: 18 Oct 2012
Guessing minutes URL: [55]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/18-tagmem-minutes.ht
ml
People with action items:

      [55] http://www.w3.org/2012/10/18-tagmem-minutes.html


    End of [56]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

      [56] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm


-- 
Baroula que barouleras, au tiéu toujou t'entourneras.

         ~~Yves
Received on Thursday, 25 October 2012 15:05:16 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 25 October 2012 15:05:16 GMT