W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > May 2012

First cut at topic list for June 2012 TAG F2F

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 12:59:20 -0400
Message-ID: <4FC3AEE8.104@arcanedomain.com>
To: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
CC: Norm Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
I have reviewed the minutes and IRC logs from our May teleconferences, 
including specifically the 17 May discussion of F2F planning [1], and also 
the as yet unpublished IRC log from 24 May. Based on those, I have prepared 
the following working list of F2F agenda items. Please send comments ASAP, 
and especially, warn me if required reading will not be available soon for 
any of the main sessions.

"_*Definite*_"

* Mime types and fragids -- Jeni to _provide a draft_ and suggest details 
for agenda (I don't /think/ we have an open action on this) (product page 
<http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/fragids>)

* ACTION-704 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/704>: on - 
Jonathan Rees - with help from Jeni and Henry to try to identify next steps 
for moving forward on httpRange-14 - Due: 2012-05-29 - OPEN (awhile ago 
Jonathan asked for "a week or two more" to prepare proposed next steps. 
(product page <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/defininguris>)

* ACTION-684 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/684>: on - 
Robin Berjon - Update Privacy by Design in APIs - Due: 2012-05-08 - OPEN 
(Robin will not attend in person, _but has promised a draft for 
discussion_. I will try to arrange a time when he can phone in.) (product 
page <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/apiminimization>)

* Storage (to those with actions listed below -- please confirm that you 
will have input for the F2F):
   - ACTION-693 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/693>: on - 
Robin Berjon - Draft scope and goals for the Patterns/Pitfalls work in 
local/remote storage synch - Due: 2012-04-19 - OPEN
   - ACTION-647 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/647>: on - 
Robin Berjon - Draft product page on client-side storage focusing on 
specific goals and success criteria - Due: 2012-04-24 - OPEN --> this 
should result in updated (product page 
<http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/apiminimization>)
   - ACTION-679 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/679>: on - 
Yves Lafon - check how Appcache should fit into Ashok's storage document - 
Due: 2012-05-01 - OPEN

* TAG Effectiveness: I want to have at least one discussion among just the 
TAG members. I also have Jeff ACTION-709 
<http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/709>: on - Noah Mendelsohn 
- Talk to Jeff & W3M about TAG futures - Due: 2012-05-24 - OPEN which I've 
listed as a "maybe". I need to check with Jeff on his availability, but I 
would rather talk with him after we've level set among ourselves

* XML / HTML task force and next steps (This one's actually a borderline 
"definite"). Norm likely can't participate, but Larry and perhaps others 
gave it a strong +1 for inclusion. (product page 
<http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/htmlxmlunification>)


_*Maybe*_

The following are items about which TAG members signaled uncertainty about 
getting necessary preparation done. Obviously, the earlier we know which 
ones we'll do, the earlier I can create a stable schedule, but we can 
always update as appropriate. These are in no particular order:

* ACTION-672 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/672>: on - 
Jeni Tennison - Work with PLH to create W3C-sponsored registry of HTML 
extensions, and get that referenced from HTML media type registration, per 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2012Jan/0048.html - Due: 
2012-05-29 - OPEN -- note e-mail 
(http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2012May/0111.html)

* ACTION-711 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/711>: on - 
Peter Linss - report on CSS WG plans for documenting policies relating to 
deployment and withdrawal of vendor-prefixed identifiers - Due: 2012-06-11 
- OPEN

* Publishing and linking (product page 
<http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/PublishingLinking>). Quoting from the 
minutes of 17 May [1]:
            NM: Publishing and linking?
            JT: Can you give me a couple of weeks to see if I manage some time?

* ACTION-610 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/610>: on - 
Jeni Tennison - Draft initial cut at 
http://www.w3.org/standards/webarch/metaformats - Due: 2012-05-29 - OPEN  
(due date was bumped onMay 24)

* ACTION-201 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/201>: on - 
Jonathan Rees - Report on status of AWWSW discussions - Due: 2012-06-02 - 
OPEN on 24 May Jonathan said: planning to work on 201 soon but probably not 
ready for F2F

* ACTION-712 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/712>: on - 
Peter Linss - Help us decide whether to have F2F session on i18n and 
comparison Due 2012-05-29 - Due: 2012-05-31 - OPEN

* ACTION-478 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/478>: on - 
Jonathan Rees - Prepare a second draft of a finding on persistence of 
references, to be based on decision tree from Oct. 2010 F2F - Due: 
2012-07-10 - OPEN (24 May JAR says do not discuss, but later notes say "maybe")

* ACTION-695 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/695>: on - 
Jonathan Rees - Check with Thomas Roessler on whether security review of 
CORS is coming up in W3C/IETF liaison - Due: 2012-05-29 - OPEN NM: 695 is 
happening? <noah> JAR: Yes. (from 24 May)

* ACTION-710 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/710>: on - 
Larry Masinter - keep an eye on issues relating to CA infrastructure 
weakness, including DANE - Due: 2012-09-01 - OPEN  (note: this action is of 
the background "keep an eye on it" variety -- I'm assuming we probably 
won't discuss at F2F unless some particular angle emerges in the next 
couple of week)

* ACTION-709 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/709>: on - 
Noah Mendelsohn - Talk to Jeff & W3M about TAG futures - Due: 2012-05-24 - 
OPEN (see above: we'll definitely have at least one session among ourselves 
on TAG futures. Maybe or maybe not we'll get Jeff for another).

_*The following will likely not be on the agenda*_

(the following is a partial list of items that I believe I have been told 
that TAG members will/not/ be prepared to discuss -- if that's wrong, let 
me know ASAP and we'll schedule after all)

* ACTION-695 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/695>: on - 
Jonathan Rees - Check with Thomas Roessler on whether security review of 
CORS is coming up in W3C/IETF liaison - Due: 2012-05-29 - OPEN (per Jar 24 May)

Noah

P.S. Please note that a local arrangements page is now available at [2].

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/05/17-minutes#item06
[2] https://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/06/local-arrangements
Received on Monday, 28 May 2012 16:59:49 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 28 May 2012 16:59:50 GMT