ACTION-344 (closed) re CORS - Jeff Hodges review of CORS draft - also re "resource"

From: Jonathan A Rees <rees@mumble.net>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 08:42:32 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org
For those of you interested in following this kind of thing, Jeff
Hodges has posted a comprehensive review of the CORS last call draft
on public-webappsec .

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webappsec/2012May/0006.html

Since CORS is about "protecting resources" the language used in this
review and in the LC draft relates to other TAG issues where we talk
about "resources" and methods on them and properties of them. Clearly
if one talks about "protecting resources" it matters quite a bit what
you think the resource is and what its properties are. Not that I
think we should meddle in the way the CORS spec is written, but rather
we should take this as a data point concerning what comes naturally to
the standards community regarding what "the identified resource" is.

Jonathan