W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > May 2012

Agenda for the TAG teleconference of 3 May 2012

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 21:27:31 -0400
Message-ID: <4FA08D83.6050302@arcanedomain.com>
To: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
CC: Amy van der Hiel <amy@w3.org>
The agenda for the TAG teleconference of 3 May 2012 is now available at 
[1,2] and in text-only form below.

Please note that one of the agenda items is a review of IETF draft Media 
Type Specifications and Registration Procedures 
draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-regs-04 [3]. >>This is required reading for 
the telconference.<<

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/05/03-agenda
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly
[3] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-regs-04


==========================================================

[1]W3C | [2]TAG | Previous: [3]26 April 2012 This: [4]3 May
    2012 Next: [5]10 May 2012??

       [1] http://www.w3.org/
       [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/04/26-agenda
       [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/05/03-agenda
       [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/05/10-agenda

                 Agenda of 3 May 2012 TAG Teleconference

    Nearby: [6]TAG work plan - [7]Teleconference details -
    [8]issues list - [9]open actions - [10]pending review actions -
    [11]www-tag archive - [12]tag archive
     1. Convene
           + Chair: Noah Mendelsohn, Scribe: Jeni Tennison
             (confirmed)
           + Regrets: Peter Linss, Larry Masinter
           + Future regrets: None
           + Agenda Review - [13]this agenda
           + Next Meeting: 10 May 2012?? , Chair: Noah Mendelsohn
             is at risk due to possible jury duty starting on the
             9th
           + Future scribes: Jeni Tennison, Larry Masinter,
             Jonathan Rees
     2. Approve minutes of prior meeting(s)
           + [14]26 April 2012
     3. Administrative items
           + Noah is at risk for 10 May. Won't know for sure until
             the 9th. Is anyone else willing to chair if he can't
             make it?
           + Who is taking next step on [15]ACTION-697: on - Larry
             Masinter - prepare overview of DANE for TAG
             consideration - Due: 2012-05-15 - PENDING REVIEW? Note
             that Noah had [16]written in response to [17]Larry's
             e-mail: I'll certainly wait with discussion at least
             until there's a telcon you'll be able to join. If you
             would take the lead in suggesting/contacting invited
             experts, I'd be grateful...
     4. Close pending Actions without discussion
           + The chair suggests that the following actions are
             ready to close without further discussion. If that
             proves incorrect, any necessary discussion will
             defered until the other [18]Pending Review Items slot
             later in this call.
           + Actions to be closed:
                o [19]ACTION-636: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Update
                  product page for Mime and the Web - Due:
                  2012-07-15 - PENDING REVIEW (see e-mail thread
                  beginning with [20]announcement of initial draft
                  final "product" page from Noah) with subsequent
                  edits resulting in what is proposed as [21]final
                  draft of the product page).
     5. [22]ISSUE-57 (HttpRedirections-57), [23]ISSUE-63
        (metadataArchitecture-63) and [24]ISSUE-14 (HttpRange-14):
        httpRange-14 — URI Documentation Discovery
           + Goals:
                o Review [25]analysis from Jonathan Rees
                o Decide best course for moving forward on
                  httpRange-14
           + Background:
                o F2F discusion on [26]2 April 2012, [27]4 April
                  2012 and again later on [28]4 April 2012
                o [29]ACTION-691: on - Jonathan Rees - Prepare
                  table as described in 2012-04-04 minutes, for TAG
                  review - Due: 2012-04-24 - PENDING REVIEW
                o [30]E-mail from Jonathan Rees summarizing state
                  of play and asking for discussion
                o Earlier background:
                     # [31]The TAG Member's Guide to ISSUE-57
                       Discussion JAR 2012-03-27
                     # [32]How to move ISSUE-57 off the TAG's plate
                       - email from JAR 2012-03-25
                     # [33]either strengthen or retract
                       httpRange-14(a) - email from JAR 2012-03-02
                     # [34]Responses to the call for change
                       proposals to address ISSUE-57 (wiki page
                       snapshot 30 March 2012)
                     # [35]ACTION-673: on - Jonathan Rees - Prepare
                       for F2F discussion of httpRange-14 change
                       proposals Due 2012-03-13 - Due: 2012-03-20 -
                       OPEN
                     # Jonathan Rees [36]announces a [37]Call for
                       proposals to amend the "httpRange-14
                       resolution"
                     # [38]Understanding URI Hosting Practice as
                       Support for URI Documentation Discovery
                       (baseline document for change proposals)
                     # Jonathan Rees's earlier announcement of a
                       [39]plan for re-resolving httpRange-14
                     # Product page: [40]URI Documentation
                       Discovery
                     # [41]ACTION-624: on - Jonathan Rees - Draft
                       for TAG consideration a call for
                       httpRange-14 change proposals - Due:
                       2011-12-31 - CLOSED
                     # [42]ACTION-625: on - Noah Mendelsohn -
                       Schedule followup discussion of
                       http://www.w3.org/wiki/HttpRange14Options
                       (per agreement in Santa Clara) - Due:
                       2011-12-21 - CLOSED
                     # [43]ACTION-589: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Work
                       with Jonathan to update URI definition
                       discovery product page Due: 2011-08-18 -
                       Due: 2011-12-23 - CLOSED
                     # Yet earlier background:
                          @ [44]Interoperability of referential
                            uses of hashless URIs by Jonathan Rees
                            ([45]announcement email)
                          @ [46]Providing and discovering
                            definitions of URIs: Editor's Draft 25
                            June 2011 by Jonathan Rees
                            ([47]announcement email) — required
                            reading
                          @ [48]Information Resources and Web
                            Metadata: Editor's Draft 25 June 2011
                            by Jonathan Rees ([49]announcement
                            email) — required reading
                          @ [50]Wiki page on httpRange-14 history
                          @ [51]A diagram explaining "metadata",
                            from Jonathan Rees
                          @ [52]ACTION-201: on - Jonathan Rees -
                            Report on status of AWWSW discussions -
                            Due: 2012-05-15 - OPEN
                          @ [53]ACTION-282: on - Jonathan Rees -
                            Draft a finding on metadata
                            architecture. - Due: 2013-04-01 - OPEN
                          @ [54]ACTION-413: on - Dan Connolly -
                            Suggest a path thru some logic
                            terminology that might speed up
                            httpSemantics discussions - Due:
                            2010-05-07 - CLOSED
                          @ [55]ACTION-587: on - Jonathan Rees -
                            Prepare issue-57 and issue-63 documents
                            for TAG members to discuss at Sept F2F
                            - Due: 2011-10-11 - CLOSED
     6. [56]ACTION-698: schedule discussion of how to take forward
        the TAG concerns with respect to managing fragment
        identifer schemes, inheritance and overlap:
           + Goal:
                o Hold discussion as suggest by [57]ACTION-698 This
                  action was assigned to the chair in his absence,
                  and he doesn't have a lot of context.
           + Background
                o [58]Discussion on 19 April 2012
                o [59]ACTION-698: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Schedule
                  discussion of how to take forward the TAG
                  concerns with respect to managing fragment
                  identifer schemes, inheritance and overlap - Due:
                  2012-05-01 - PENDING REVIEW
     7. [60]ACTION-680: review of
        [61]http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-media-typ
        e-regs-04:
           + Goal:
                o Review IETF draft
                  [62]http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg
                  -media-type-regs-04
           + Background
                o [63]2 April 2012 F2F discussion of Paris IETF
                  Meeting
                o IETF Draft: [64]Media Type Specifications and
                  Registration Procedures
                  draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-regs-04 (required
                  reading for telcon)
                o [65]ACTION-680: on - Jeni Tennison - Lead TAG
                  telcon review (rescheduled) of
                  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-med
                  ia-type-regs-04 - Due: 2012-04-24 - PENDING
                  REVIEW
     8. Pending Review Items:
           + [66]Pending review actions in [67]Tracker
     9. Overdue Action Items:
           + [68]Overdue actions in [69]Tracker
    10. Any other business
      __________________________________________________________

       [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/
       [7] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
       [8] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues
       [9] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/open
      [10] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
      [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
      [12] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
      [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/05/03-agenda
      [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/04/26-minutes
      [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/697
      [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2012Apr/0183.html
      [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2012Apr/0178.html
      [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/636
      [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/05/03-agenda
      [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/mimeweb-2012-04-30.html
      [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/57
      [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/63
      [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/14
      [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/05/03-agenda
      [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/04/02-minutes#item02
      [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/04/04-minutes#item01
      [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/04/04-minutes#item04
      [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/691
      [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/05/03-agenda
      [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/04/57guide.html
      [32] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2012Mar/0109.html
      [33] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2012Mar/0010.html
      [34] 
http://www.w3.org/wiki/index.php?title=TagIssue57Responses&oldid=57519
      [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/673
      [36] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2012Feb/0106.html
      [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/uddp/change-proposal-call.html
      [38] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/uddp-20120229/
      [39] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Nov/0034.html
      [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/defininguris-2011-12-26.html
      [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/624
      [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/625
      [43] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/589
      [44] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/09/referential-use.html
      [45] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Aug/0097.html
      [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/awwsw/issue57/20110625/
      [47] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011May/0088.html
      [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/awwsw/ir/20110625/
      [49] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011May/0040.html
      [50] http://www.w3.org/wiki/HttpRange14Webography
      [51] http://odontomachus.wordpress.com/2011/02/21/the-place-of-metadata/
      [52] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/201
      [53] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/282
      [54] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/413
      [55] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/587
      [56] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/698
      [57] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/698
      [58] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/04/19-minutes.html#item04
      [59] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/698
      [60] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/680
      [61] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-regs-04
      [62] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-regs-04
      [63] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/04/02-minutes#item04
      [64] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-regs-04
      [65] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/680
      [66] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
      [67] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
      [68] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue?sort=owner
      [69] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/


     Noah Mendelsohn for the TAG
     $Revision: 1.1 $ of $Date: 2012/05/02 01:24:37 $

    [70]Valid XHTML 1.1

      [70] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
Received on Wednesday, 2 May 2012 01:28:00 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 2 May 2012 01:28:01 GMT