Re: Classification of ISSUE-57 change proposals

On 3/30/2012 3:13 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> The bootstrap path looks something like this:
>
> [Document Web Users & Developers] --> [Linked Data Web Users & Developers]
> --> [Semantic Web Users & Developers]

That may well be a bootstrap path in terms of adoption by successive
communities, but the bootstrap that's crucial for the self-describing Web is:

RFC 3986 (URI) -> IANA Scheme Registry -> RFC 2616 (HTTP) -> IANA Media
type registry -> documentation of media type -> etc.

If anyone isn't clear why I'm putting it this way, please look at the
Self-Describing Web Finding at [1]. Thank you.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/selfDescribingDocuments.html