Re: httpRange-14 Change Proposal [editorial tweaks]

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 09:44:40 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org
On 3/29/12 9:05 AM, Danny Ayers wrote:
> So maybe an alternative might be to say
> that although what you get with a 200 is a representation, it isn't an
> "authoritative representation" until other information (describedby
> etc) is taken into consideration.
What about inferring, with clarity, that a resource and its
representation are *potentially* ambiguous without additional clarity
provide by relations of the kind delivered by :describedby.

We are dealing resource representation resolution and fidelity. If you
come at the resource from a certain world view (e.g., information space)
you have a resource with fine-grained representation.  For instance, and
HTML resource is structured enough for browsers to render Web Pages.

Come at it from a different world view (e.g., data space) and you have a
blob since the content doesn't conform to the required structural
fidelity of an entity-attribute-value graph, and even worse, actual
pathways to said graph become skewed (re. follow-your-nose navigation
via name->address indirection ) if hyperlink (e.g., HTTP URI) based name
and address choices introduce ambiguity.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder&  CEO