Re: HTML5 proposes introduction of new family of URI schemes

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 00:29:40 +0100
To: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
CC: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>, "www-tag@w3.org List" <www-tag@w3.org>
On 2012-01-24 00:07, Robin Berjon wrote:

Robin,

before I comment on the last part of your post: thanks for helping
clarify what's going on with RPH. We finally have the kind of discussion
that should have happened months ago. As such, I'm already happy about
the effects of having escalated the issue.

Re:

> I don't think so. At this point no one has shown that the two are equivalent, and examples attempting to prove that they are use schemes like "web+imageedit" (as in web+imageedit:example.org/unicorn.png) which I'm thinking ought to make anyone who cares about web architecture scream rather loudly :

I agree. But the fact that you, me, and probably almost everybody who's
subscribed to this mailing list agree on this won't prevent this from
happening. It didn't prevent itms: and webcal: either.

Best regards, Julian