Re: HTML5 proposes introduction of new family of URI schemes

From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 22:46:32 +0000
To: "www-tag@w3.org List" <www-tag@w3.org>
Hi,

Re-raising Graham Klyne's point: does anyone know how the web+ URI schemes are going to fit with the Web Intents work which I believe are planned to be part of HTML.next? They address basically the same goals, but with different mechanisms; the Web Intents FAQ [1] makes some comparisons.

Are we likely to end up with both being supported within browsers and developers having to choose which to use?

Jeni

[1] http://webintents.org/faq.html
--
Jeni Tennison