Re: HTML5 proposes introduction of new family of URI schemes

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 10:37:44 +0100
To: "Martin J. Dürst" <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
CC: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>, David Booth <david@dbooth.org>, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>, "www-tag@w3.org List" <www-tag@w3.org>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
On 2012-01-23 02:57, "Martin J. Dürst" wrote:
>> "process is irrelevant" made me smile; after all we need to follow the
>> process to make a change like this. Also, the URI scheme registration
>> spec is a work item of the IRI WG, so I don't quite see how to change it
>> without the WG agreeing (and yes, "approval" was the wrong term here).
>
> It's 'irrelevant' in the sense that we can make it work. What's
> important is that we (browser makers/html5 WG/IRI WG, and on a higher
> level, W3C and IETF) agree on what to do.

Yep. One of the reasons I raised the issue in the HTML WG is that the
notation was silently introduced without even asking those for advice
who are in the process of revising the registration document.

Best regards, Jukian