Re: HTML5 proposes introduction of new family of URI schemes

On 2012/01/20 19:27, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 2012-01-20 11:23, "Martin J. Dürst" wrote:

>> I'm not sure what the difference would be between having e.g.,
>> "web+acme:hello" and "web:acme:hello", except for a multi-level
>> structure where potential inventors of a new protocol/scheme get more
>> confused than necessary.
>
> The difference is mainly process: "web+" needs coordination with and
> approval by the IETF IRI WG, while "web:" is simply one additional new
> URI scheme.

I fully agree that for "web+", some process is needed. But if there's
agreement on the technical need and solution (which we definitely don't
have at this moment in time), then the process issue isn't really a big
deal.

Regards,    Martin.