W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > January 2012

RE: Agenda for TAG F2F 4-6 January 2012

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 23:13:06 +0000
To: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
CC: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
Message-ID: <E3EACD022300B94D88613639CF4E25F836BD379E@TK5EX14MBXC138.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
Are there minutes available for the TAG F2F?

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329

-----Original Message-----
From: Noah Mendelsohn [mailto:nrm@arcanedomain.com] 
Sent: Friday, December 30, 2011 4:49 PM
To: www-tag@w3.org; Amy van der Hiel; Philippe Le Hegaret; Norm Walsh; Mark Nottingham; Michael Smith
Subject: Agenda for TAG F2F 4-6 January 2012

The proposed agenda for the TAG F2F of 4-6 January 2012 is now available at 
[1,2] and in text-only form below. A few new items have been listed as 
required reading.

The agenda includes a number of top priority items for which time slots are 
scheduled, as well as some others listed as being "under consideration". 
There are one or two open slots we can use to pick up some of those, or 
else we can re-prioritize when we meet.

TAG Members: if you see any important mistakes, or if I left out an 
important item, please let me know ASAP. Unless that happens, I am planning 
to take most of the next 4 days off, but I will watch for urgent messages, 
and I look forward to seeing you all at MIT on Wednesday.

Happy New Year!

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/04-agenda

[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly


============================================================

     [1]W3C | [2]TAG

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/


         W3C TAG meeting 4-6 January 2012 in Cambridge, MA, USA

    Nearby: [3]issues list - [4]findings - [5]www-tag archive - [6]tag
    archive - Actions: ([7]open, [8]pending review) [9]logistics

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues

       [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/findings

       [5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/

       [6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/

       [7] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/open

       [8] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview

       [9] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/local-arrangements.html


    Online table of: [10]scribing assignments

      [10] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/F2FScribing.html


Agenda Summary

    Wednesday, 4 January 2012
    Agenda
    09:00-09:30
      * [11]Convene, review agenda
      * [12]Review TAG Priorities for 2012

    09:30-10:30
      * [13]Persistent references

    10:30-10:45 Break
    10:45-12:00
      * [14]Mime and the Web

    12:00-13:15 Lunch
    13:15-14:45
      * [15]URI Definition Discovery; Metadata Architecture

    14:45-15:15 Break
    15:15-16:45
      * [16]Can publication of hyperlinks cause copyright infringment?

    Thursday, 5 January 2012
    Agenda
    09:00-09:45
      * [17]Administration (scheduled here so Henry can call in)

    09:45-11:00
      * [18]HTML.next (with Philippe le Hegaret)

    11:00-11:15 Break
    11:15-12:00
      * [19]Privacy

    12:00-13:00 Lunch
    13:00-14:15
      * [20]TAG Priorities for 2012

    14:15-15:30 Travel to Tim's
    15:30-16:00 Settle in at Tim's — welcome Norm Walsh
    16:00-17:30
      * [21]HTML/XML Unification (at Tim's - with Norm Walsh)

    17:30       Dinner
    Friday, 6 January 2012
    Agenda
    09:15-10:00
      * [22]Mime and the Web (with Mark Nottingham)

    10:00-10:15 Break
    10:15-11:45
      * [23]Web protocols: HTTP Futures & SPDY (with Mark Nottingham)

    11:45-13:00 Lunch
    13:00-14:30 TBD
    14:30-15:00 Break
    15:00-16:00 Review action items, F2F results, and next steps
    16:00       ADJOURN

Logistics

    Venue
           MIT, Stata Center, 8th Floor Reading Room
           32 Vassar Street
           Cambidge, MA 02139

    See [24]logistics for further details.

      [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/06/06-f2f-localarrangements.html


Preparation

    See "(required reading)" annotations in agenda items below.

Agenda Details

     1. Convene, review agenda
           + Scribes: TAG members are encouraged to sign up for scribing
             by using CVS to edit [25]scribing assignments table, or by
             emailing the chair
           + Roll call
           + Approve minutes of teleconferences:
                o [26]22 December 2011
           + F2F Main Goals:
                o Commit to 2012 deliverables
                o Make plan for (re)resolving issue [27]httpRange-14
                o Better focus work on copyrights and linking
                o Decide whether and how the TAG will be involved in
                  work on:
                     # Web protocols and SPDY
                     # Future versions of HTML
                     # Privacy
                o Make progress on persistent references
                o Update product pages to reflect F2F decisions
     2. TAG Priorities for 2012
           + Goals:
                o Identify key success criteria for TAG's work in 2012
                o Update index to [28]TAG product pages to produce a
                  clearer plan for the content, form, and expected date
                  of TAG deliverables to achieve those goals.
     3. [29]ISSUE-57 (HttpRedirections-57), [30]ISSUE-63
        (metadataArchitecture-63) and [31]ISSUE-14 (HttpRange-14) : URI
        Definition Discovery; Metadata Architecture
           + Goals:
                o Review Jonathan Rees' proposed [32]baseline draft
                  (required reading) and [33]proposal for a call for
                  change proposals (required reading) to that baseline
                  (see [34]announcement e-mail from Jonathan
                o Review [35]proposed product page (required reading)
                  for TAG work on URI Definition Discovery
           + Background:
                o [36]Discussion on 22 December 2011
                o Jonathan Rees has proposd a new [37]plan for
                  re-resolving httpRange-14 (required reading) and asks
                  for TAG consideration of his proposal.
                o Draft product page: [38]URI Definition Discovery
                o [39]ACTION-624: on - Jonathan Rees - Draft for TAG
                  consideration a call for httpRange-14 change proposals
                  - Due: 2011-12-31 - PENDING REVIEW
                o [40]ACTION-625: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Schedule
                  followup discussion of
                  http://www.w3.org/wiki/HttpRange14Options (per
                  agreement in Santa Clara) - Due: 2011-12-21 - PENDING
                  REVIEW
                o [41]ACTION-589: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Work with
                  Jonathan to update URI definition discovery product
                  page Due: 2011-08-18 - Due: 2011-12-20 - OPEN
                o Earlier background:
                     # [42]Interoperability of referential uses of
                       hashless URIs by Jonathan Rees ([43]announcement
                       email)
                     # [44]Providing and discovering definitions of
                       URIs: Editor's Draft 25 June 2011 by Jonathan
                       Rees ([45]announcement email) — required reading
                     # [46]Information Resources and Web Metadata:
                       Editor's Draft 25 June 2011 by Jonathan Rees
                       ([47]announcement email) — required reading
                     # [48]Wiki page on httpRange-14 history (optional
                       reading)
                     # [49]A diagram explaining "metadata", from
                       Jonathan Rees
                     # [50]ACTION-201: on - Jonathan Rees - Report on
                       status of AWWSW discussions - Due: 2011-12-28 -
                       OPEN
                     # [51]ACTION-282: on - Jonathan Rees - Draft a
                       finding on metadata architecture. - Due:
                       2011-11-08 - OPEN
                     # [52]ACTION-413: on - Dan Connolly - Suggest a
                       path thru some logic terminology that might speed
                       up httpSemantics discussions - Due: 2010-05-07 -
                       CLOSED
                     # [53]ACTION-587: on - Jonathan Rees - Prepare
                       issue-57 and issue-63 documents for TAG members
                       to discuss at Sept F2F - Due: 2011-10-11 - CLOSED
     4. [54]ISSUE-66 (mimeAndWeb-66-27): MIME and the Web
           + Goals:
                o Review the [55]drafts prepared by Larry Masinter,
                  focusing especially on: [56]Concepts and Terminology:
                  establishing a framework and terminology for use
                  throughout the document
                o Coordinate this general work on MIME with the
                  [57]ongoing work on fragment identifiers.
                o Review and refine plans for this work, updating the
                  [58]Product page: MIME architecture for the Web (24
                  Dec 2011 version) and [59]Index of TAG Products as
                  necessary
           + Background:
                o Product page: [60]MIME architecture for the Web (24
                  Dec 2011 version) Commitments:
                     # Publication of a document satisfying stated
                       [61]success critera, most likely in the form of a
                       finding
                o Larry Masinter announces a [62]roadmap (required
                  reading) and (after some reformatting and splitting)
                  the following components of a draft publication (all
                  are required reading):
                     # [63]Concepts and Terminology: establishing a
                       framework and terminology for use throughout the
                       document
                     # [64]Identifiers for Named Extensions: adding new
                       values to the set of allowable values for a
                       protocol element
                     # [65]Registries: a common way of adding new values
                       is to maintain a registry and support addition of
                       new values
                     # [66]MIME: the system used in the web to name
                       languages (and character codings)
                     # [67]References: the interpretation of normative
                       links to other specifications under evolution
                     # [68]Background: how we got here, why is the TAG
                       talking about this?
                     # [69]Normative language: the use of normative
                       language to set requirements in specifications
                       (placeholder)
                     # [70]Versions: as things evolve, are there
                       identifiers for points in the evolutionary
                       stream? (placeholder)
                     # [71]Catalog: a catalog of Web language & protocol
                       extensibility points (placeholder)
                     # [72]Natural Language analogy: Analogy between Web
                       evolution and natural language evolution
                       (placeholder)
                o [73]ACTION-531: on - Larry Masinter - Draft document
                  on architectural good practice relating to registries
                  - Due: 2011-12-26 - OPEN
                o [74]ACTION-595: on - Larry Masinter - Create a report
                  on Mime and the Web - Due: 2011-12-29 - OPEN
                o [75]ACTION-636: on - Larry Masinter - Update product
                  page for Mime and the Web - Due: 2011-12-08 - OPEN
                o Note [76]8 Dec. 2011 discussion of whether scope
                  should be broadened to extensibility hooks in general.
                  The following was adopted:
                     # RESOLUTION: The TAG, with Larry in the lead, will
                       prepare a document (based on
                       [77]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2

                       011Dec/att-0037/draft-registries.txt), likely a
                       finding, discussing architecture for
                       extensibility points in specifications, including
                       but not necessarily limited to registries. This
                       will augment the soon-to-be published (short)
                       work on MIME architecture.
                o Earlier background
                     # Larry Masinter [78]announces availability of a
                       [79]draft document: this was later split into the
                       versions listed above as required reading.
                     # Drafts have been published at:
                       [80]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/mimeweb.h

                       tml
                     # See proposal at the top of the [81]product page
                       suggesting new goals for this effort.
                     # [82]Blog posting from Larry that kicked off this
                       work.
                     # [83]ACTION-472: on - Larry Masinter - Update the
                       mime-draft based on comments & review - Due:
                       2011-07-30 - OPEN
                     # [84]ACTION-588: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Work with
                       Larry to update mime-web product page Due
                       2011-08-18 - Due: 2011-09-15 - OPEN
                o Closed actions:
                     # [85]ACTION-425: on - Larry Masinter - Draft
                       updated MIME finding(s), with help from DanA,
                       based on www-tag discussion - Due: 2010-05-31 -
                       CLOSED
                     # [86]ACTION-458: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Schedule
                       discussion of followup actions for TAG to
                       coordinate with IETF on MIME-type related
                       activities - Due: 2011-09-01 - CLOSED
                     # [87]ACTION-467: on - Larry Masinter - Revise Mime
                       & Web blog entry, perhaps leading to Internet
                       Draft - Due: 2010-09-21 - CLOSED
     5. [88]ISSUE-50 (URNsAndRegistries-50): Persistent references
           + Goals:
                o Review Jonathan Reee's presentation (required reading
                  - TO BE SUPPLIED) to the [89]workshop on domain names
                  and persistence at the [90]7th International Digital
                  Curation Conference
                o Discuss in detail the proposal for using a .arpa TLD
                  for persistent identifiers
                o Update [91]product page for persistence of
                  identifiers, and decide priority of this work — note
                  that the only deliverable currently in the product
                  plan is a report from the domain persistence workshop
           + Background:
                o [92]Discussion of persistence workshop on 8 Dec 2011
                  TAG teleconference
                o [93]ACTION-528: on - Henry Thompson - Create and get
                  consensus on a product page and tracker product page
                  for persistence of names - Due: 2012-01-02 - OPEN
                o [94]Discussion at the Sept. 2011 F2F in Edinburgh
                o [95]E-mail from Roger Cutler with some "thoughts on
                  URI persistence" (required reading)
                o Earlier background:
                     # E-mail from Jonathan Rees [96]Persistence at Sept
                       2011 TAG F2F (required reading)
                     # E-mail from Henry Thompson [97]suggesting
                       consideration of a possible workshop on domain
                       persistence at the [98]7th International Digital
                       Curation Conference
                     # [99]ACTION-528: on - Henry Thompson - Create and
                       get consensus on a product page and tracker
                       product page for persistence of names - Due:
                       2012-01-02 - OPEN
                     # [100]ACTION-477: on - Henry Thompson - Organize
                       meeting on persistence of domains - Due:
                       2011-10-04 - CLOSED
                     # [101]ACTION-620: on - Henry Thompson - With help
                       from Jonathan, to report on persistent domain
                       workshop - Due: 2012-01-15 - OPEN
                     # [102]ACTION-478: on - Jonathan Rees - Prepare a
                       second draft of a finding on persistence of
                       references, to be based on decision tree from
                       Oct. 2010 F2F - Due: 2011-08-09 - OPEN
                     # [103]ACTION-477: on - Henry Thompson - Organize
                       meeting on persistence of domains - Due:
                       2011-08-10 - OPEN
                     # See also [104]agenda item on Persistent
                       References from 6-8 June 2011 F2F (as best the
                       chair can determine, this was on the agenda for
                       June, but not discussed due to time constraints)
                     # [105]Jonathan requests opportunity for F2F
                       discussion and lists potential discussion topics
                     # [106]Discussion at Feb. 2011 F2F
                     # [107]ACTION-444: on - Jonathan Rees - Draft a
                       white paper on link persistence - Due: 2010-10-11
                       - CLOSED
                     # [108]ACTION-414: on - Henry S. Thompson - Prepare
                       a draft agenda, including goals and means, for a
                       proposed afternoon session with invited guests,
                       and circulate for discussion prior to a decision,
                       on the subject of addressing the persistence of
                       domain names - Due: 2010-06-01 - CLOSED
                     # [109]June 2010 F2F discussion of domain name
                       persistence; [110]October 2010 F2F discussion of
                       domain name persistence
     6. HTML.next
           + Philippe le Hegaret will join us for this session.
           + Goals:
                o Define scope of TAG work on HTML.next
           + Background:
                o [111]Teleconference discussion on 15 December 2011
                  (required reading)
                o [112]Karl DuBost and [113]Paul Cotton suggest the
                  following resources relating to HTML.next (required
                  reading):
                     # Aug HTML WG thread on HTML.next and
                       re-chartering:
                       [114]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-h

                       tml/2011Aug/0263.html
                     # The Nov HTML WG F2F HTML.next discussions:
                       [115]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-h

                       tml-wg-announce/2011OctDec/0011.html
                     # The HTML WG Wiki list of possible HTML.Next
                       items: [116]http://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/next

                     # Mike Smith's list of candidate items:
                       [117]http://www.w3.org/2011/Talks/TPAC/HTML5/#(15

                       )
                     # Proposed Community Group
                       ([118]http://www.w3.org/community/groups/proposed

                       /#html5spec)
                o [119]ACTION-641: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Try and find
                  list of review issues relating to HTML5 from earlier
                  discussions - Due: 2012-01-17 - OPEN
                o [120]ACTION-637: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Ask PLH to
                  join us in Dec. to bring us up to speed on HTML.next,
                  and also join in F2F discussion - Due: 2011-12-20 -
                  CLOSED
     7. HTTP Futures and SPDY
           + This session scheduled for Friday morning so that Mark
             Nottingham can join us
           + Goals:
                o Decide next steps for TAG work on Web Protocols (HTTP)
                  and SPDY
                o Decide whether this become a major ("prodcut") focuse
                  area for the TAG, and if so, decide who should do the
                  work
           + Background:
                o E-mail from Yves Lafon [121]Discussion points on HTTP
                  "evolutions" [ACTION-618] (required reading — late
                  addition to the list, with the chair's apology for
                  missing it earlier)
                o [122]ACTION-640: on - Yves Lafon - Frame F2F
                  discussion of SPDY/HTTP futures - Due: 2011-12-15 -
                  OPEN
                o [123]ACTION-639: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Invite Mark
                  Nottingham to SPDY/HTTP F2F session - Due: 2011-12-15
                  - CLOSED
                o [124]8 Dec 2011 Teleconference discussion of SPDY
                  (required reading) and also [125]comments from Mike
                  Belshe (required reading)
                o Thread starting with e-mail from Yves Lafon:
                  [126]Discussion points on HTTP "evolutions"
                  [ACTION-618] (required reading) — also related thread
                  starting with [127]response from Larry Masinter
                  (required reading)
                o [128]ACTION-618: on - Yves Lafon - With help from
                  Larry, Noah, and Jeni to prepare analysis on
                  development around HTTP, like spdy, ssl use,
                  websocket... - Due: 2011-12-06 - CLOSED
                o [129]ACTION-626: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Schedule
                  discussion of how, if at all, TAG should continue to
                  be involved with SPDY - Due: 2011-11-15 - CLOSED
                o [130]TPAC 2011 Discussion of SPDY
                o [131]Jeni Tennison's email on SPDY and related thread
                  ([132]here and [133]here too)
                o June 2011 F2F [134]session with Jim Gettys on
                  [135]buffer bloat
     8. [136]ISSUE-67 (HTML-XML-Divergence-67): HTML / XML Unification
           + Norm Walsh will join us Thursday afternoon for a working
             session at Tim's house
           + Goals:
                o Review [137]HTML/XML Task Force Report W3C Editor's
                  Draft 22 December 2011 (required reading)
                o Decide whether further effort is required by the TAG
                  regarding HTML / XML Unification at this time, and if
                  so create suitable actions
                o Review and update TAG product page [138]HTML / XML
                  Unification (26 December 2011 version)
           + Background:
                o TAG product page [139]HTML / XML Unification (22
                  December 2011 version) (required reading)
                o Norm Walsh [140]announces availability of a draft
                  [141]HTML/XML Task Force Report (22 December 2011
                  version) (required reading) for TAG review
                o [142]ACTION-437: on - Tim Berners-Lee - Create a task
                  force on XML / HTML convergence - Due: 2011-06-01 -
                  CLOSED
                o [143]ACTION-522: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Build Tracker
                  product page for HTML/XML Unification - Due:
                  2011-05-17 - CLOSED
                o [144]ACTION-578: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Make sure
                  HTML/XML work gets TAG review when ready Due:
                  2011-08-01 - Due: 2011-12-27 - PENDING REVIEW
                o [145]ACTION-591: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Ping Norm end
                  of Sept. on revised HTML/XML report per discussion on
                  1 Sept 2011 - Due: 2011-12-27 - PENDING REVIEW
                o Norm Walsh is chairing a group under the TAG's
                  auspices ([146]mailing list)
                o See also:
                     # [147]Polyglot Markup: HTML-Compatible XHTML
                       Documents (part of HTML5 Last Call)
                     # [148]Note from T.V. Raman (3 May 2010)
                     # [149]ACTION-433: on - Tim Berners-Lee - Help Tim
                       get in touch with staff etc. re XML/HTML
                       unification - Due: 2010-05-28 - CLOSED
                     # [150]ACTION-427: on - John Kemp - Read 4
                       distributed extensibility proposals and summarize
                       them w.r.t. proposals TAG has discussed to date -
                       Due: 2010-11-01 - CLOSED
                     # Discussion on 7 June 2010 F2F: [151]"TAG
                       recommends the formation of a task force to drive
                       the reunification of XML and HTML"
                     # [152]September/October 2010 HMTL WG poll on
                       distributed extensibility
                     # [153]TAG endorses "like SVG" extension mechanism
                       for HTML5
     9. [154]ISSUE-25 (deepLinking-25): Can publication of hyperlinks
        cause copyright infringment?
           + Goals:
                o Discuss [155]plan of action from Jeni Tennison and
                  [156]followup from Jeni regarding TAG work on
                  Publishing and Linking on the Web
                o Develop a set of "strong statements" the TAG will make
                  regarding Publishing and Linking on the Web (see
                  e-mails referenced above)
                o Update [157]product page
                o Straighten out permissions on [158]draft documents and
                  also 404 links
           + Background:
                o [159]E-mail from Jeni Tennison clarifying goals for
                  F2F work on Publishing and Linking (required reading
                  — this is one of the e-mails referenced under "goals")
                o [160]Update from Jeni Tennison on status of Publishing
                  and Linking work (required reading — this is the other
                  e-mail referenced under "goals" above)
                o [161]ACTION-627: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Schedule very
                  detailed line-by-line review of Pub&Linking draft at
                  January F2F - Due: 2011-12-23 - PENDING REVIEW
                o [162]ACTION-629: on - Dan Appelquist - With help from
                  Jeni to propose changes to goals, success criteria
                  etc. for publishing/linking product page - Due:
                  2011-11-11 - OPEN
                o [163]ACTION-541: on - Jeni Tennison - Helped by DKA to
                  produce a first draft of terminology about
                  (deep-)linking etc. - Due: 2011-12-20 - OPEN
                o [164]Product page calling for recommendation in June
                  2012
                o [165]Publishing and Linking on the Web W3C Editor's
                  Draft 27 October 2011 (required reading)
                o [166]Comments from Larry Masinter (27 December 2011)
                o [167]Discussion of publishing and linking at TAG TPAC
                  2011 meeting
                o Earlier background:
                     # [168]Discussion on 17 March 2011, [169]31 March
                       2011, and [170]14 April 2011 of "Copyright and
                       Deep Linking"
                     # [171]Publishing on the Web (this version still
                       does not have an explicit date, but in private
                       email on 26 April 2011, Dan Appelquist indicated
                       that there have been recent updates — [172]old
                       version) by Jeni Tennison and Dan Appelquist,
                       produced in partial fulfillment of:
                       [173]ACTION-541
                     # Tim Berners-Lee [174]alerts the TAG to US legal
                       case in which a Mr. Brian McCarthy has been
                       accused of copyright infringement resulting from
                       his (alleged) publication of links to copyrighted
                       material. (See also long ensuing email thread.)
                       ([175]Criminal complaint)
                     # [176]Suggestion to write a technical document on
                       linking and copying (Jonathan)
                     # [177]Discussion with Thinh Nguyen at 3 Dec 2010
                       TAG telcon
                     # [178]ACTION-505: on - Daniel Appelquist - Start a
                       document wrt issue-25 - Due: 2011-03-01 - CLOSED
    10. [179]ACTION-545: Privacy
           + Goals:
                o Decide if and how the TAG will engage in
                  privacy-related work during 2012 (Note: this is a
                  continuation of the discussion started on 15 Sept 2011
                  at the Edinburgh F2F ([180]minutes)
                o Re-assign [181]ACTION-566 to someone other than Dan
                  Appelquist (or close it)
           + Background:
                o Ashok Malotra [182]requests discussion of privacy at
                  January 2012 F2F
                o [183]Some thoughts on Privacy from Ashok Malhotra
                  (required reading — late addition to list NOTE: the
                  chair apologizes for the member-only reference; we're
                  working on getting a public document)
                o Note [184]brief discussion of Privacy on 6 October
                  2011
                o On [185]11 August 2011 we agreed to have "at most" 1/2
                  hour on this at the F2F, and much skepticism was
                  expressed — in fact, we did have a combined session on
                  security and privacy, but not much was done on the
                  latter.
                o [186]ACTION-566: on - Dan Appelquist - Contact Alissa
                  Cooper, organize a future joint discussion on privacy
                  with IAB. - Due: 2011-10-18 - OPEN
                o [187]ACTION-583: on - Ashok Malhotra - (with help from
                  Dan) organize TAG review of proposed W3C charter on
                  tracking protection (privacy) Due 2011-07-26 - Due:
                  2011-08-30 - CLOSED
                o [188]E-mail from Ashok Malhotra (22 July 2011)
                o [189]ACTION-608: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Schedule
                  telcon discussion of TAG goals on privacy - Due:
                  2011-10-04 - CLOSED
                o Earlier background:
                     # [190]Report of the W3C Workshop on Web Tracking
                       and User Privacy (required reading)
                     # IETF/W3C Privacy workshop was held at MIT 8-98
                       December 2011. "Action Items" for W3C were
                       proposed. See: [191]Action items (PDF - may need
                       rotating) collected at IETF/W3C Privacy Workshop
                       wrapup
                     # [192]ACTION-264: on - Ashok Malhotra - Draft
                       agenda item for upcoming telcon discussion of
                       geolocation and privacy - Due: 2009-08-04 -
                       CLOSED
                     # [193]ACTION-290: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Write to
                       Geolocation WG saying "we have concern that the
                       spec does not say enough user privacy" - Due:
                       2009-07-30 - CLOSED
                     # [194]ACTION-408: on - Daniel Appelquist - Look
                       into next steps on a workshop around device APIs,
                       privacy etc. with tlr - Due: 2010-03-31 - CLOSED
                     # [195]ACTION-460: on - Daniel Appelquist -
                       Coordinate with IAB regarding next steps on
                       privacy policy - Due: 2011-07-21 - CLOSED
                     # [196]ACTION-550: on - Daniel Appelquist - With
                       help from Noah to plan TAG work on privacy,
                       leading to session at F2F, next step is contact
                       with TLR - Due: 2011-05-12 - CLOSED
                     # [197]ACTION-507: on - Daniel Appelquist - With
                       Noah to suggest next steps for TAG on privacy -
                       Due: 2011-05-03 - CLOSED
                     # [198]ACTION-545: on - Ashok Malhotra - Report to
                       TAG, after privacy workshop, regarding
                       architecture issue on privacy and especially
                       degree to which use cases beyond those addressed
                       by "Do Not Track" need attention - Due:
                       2011-05-03 - CLOSED
                     # [199]ACTION-506: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Noah to
                       bring proposed W3C Actions on Privacy before the
                       TAG - TLR to report back to IETF - Due:
                       2011-01-11 - CLOSED
                     # Papers from earlier IETF/W3C workshop on privacy
                       were at
                       [200]http://www.iab.org/about/workshops/privacy/P

                       rivacy_Workshop_Papers.zip but that link appears
                       not to work any more ([201]ACTION-490: on - Noah
                       Mendelsohn - Noah and others(?) going to privacy
                       workshop to report back to the TAG? - Due:
                       2010-12-21 - CLOSED) ([202]ACTION-506: on - Noah
                       Mendelsohn - Noah to bring proposed W3C Actions
                       on Privacy before the TAG - TLR to report back to
                       IETF - Due: 2011-01-11 - CLOSED)
    11. Administration:
           + Future TAG F2F meetings
                o Sophia Antipolis 2-4 April 2012 (Mon-Wed...this is the
                  week after IETF in Paris)
                o Plan a June and/or Sept meeting?
           + Group photo
    12. Action item review:
           + [203]Pending review actions in [204]Tracker
           + [205]Overdue actions in [206]Tracker
           + [207]Open actions in [208]Tracker

      [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/F2FScribing.html

      [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/22-minutes

      [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#httpRange-14

      [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/

      [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/57

      [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/63

      [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/14

      [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/uddp/

      [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/uddp/cp-call.txt

      [34] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Dec/0081.html

      [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/defininguris.html

      [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/22-minutes#item04

      [37] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Nov/0034.html

      [38] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/defininguris.html

      [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/624

      [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/625

      [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/589

      [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/09/referential-use.html

      [43] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Aug/0097.html

      [44] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/awwsw/issue57/20110625/

      [45] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011May/0088.html

      [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/awwsw/ir/20110625/

      [47] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011May/0040.html

      [48] http://www.w3.org/wiki/HttpRange14Webography

      [49] http://odontomachus.wordpress.com/2011/02/21/the-place-of-metadata/

      [50] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/201

      [51] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/282

      [52] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/413

      [53] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/587

      [54] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/66

      [55] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/04-agenda

      [56] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/evolution/Concepts.html

      [57] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/fragids.html

      [58] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/mimeweb-2011-12-24.html

      [59] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/index-2011-12-27.html

      [60] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/mimeweb-2011-12-24.html

      [61] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/mimeweb-2011-12-24.html#criteria

      [62] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Dec/0063.html

      [63] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/evolution/Concepts.html

      [64] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/evolution/Identifiers.html

      [65] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/evolution/Registries.html

      [66] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/evolution/MIME.html

      [67] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/evolution/References.html

      [68] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/evolution/Background.html

      [69] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/evolution/Normative.html

      [70] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/evolution/Versions.html

      [71] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/evolution/Catalog.html

      [72] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/evolution/NaturalLanguage.html

      [73] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/531

      [74] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/595

      [75] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/636

      [76] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/08-minutes#item02

      [77] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Dec/att-0037/draft-registries.txt

      [78] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Dec/0059.html

      [79] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Dec/att-0059/draft-registries-mime.html

      [80] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/mimeweb.html

      [81] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/mimeweb.html

      [82] http://masinter.blogspot.com/2010/06/mime-and-web.html

      [83] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/472

      [84] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/588

      [85] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/425

      [86] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/458

      [87] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/467

      [88] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/50

      [89] http://www.dcc.ac.uk/events/idcc11/workshops

      [90] http://www.dcc.ac.uk/events/idcc11

      [91] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/persistence.html

      [92] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/22-minutes#item03

      [93] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/528

      [94] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/09/14-minutes.html#item03

      [95] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Nov/0054.html

      [96] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Sep/0009.html

      [97] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Sep/0011.html

      [98] http://www.dcc.ac.uk/events/idcc11

      [99] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/528

     [100] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/477

     [101] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/620

     [102] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/478

     [103] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/477

     [104] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/06/06-agenda#persistence

     [105] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Jun/0009.html

     [106] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/02/09-minutes#item06

     [107] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/444

     [108] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/414

     [109] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/06/07-minutes.html#item04

     [110] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/10/20-minutes#item01

     [111] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/15-minutes#item04

     [112] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Dec/0054.html

     [113] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Dec/0055.html

     [114] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Aug/0263.html

     [115] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2011OctDec/0011.html

     [116] http://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/next

     [117] http://www.w3.org/2011/Talks/TPAC/HTML5/#(15

     [118] http://www.w3.org/community/groups/proposed/#html5spec

     [119] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/641

     [120] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/637

     [121] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/Discussion%20points%20on%20HTTP

     [122] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/640

     [123] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/639

     [124] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/08-minutes.html#item03

     [125] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Dec/0061.html

     [126] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Dec/0034.html

     [127] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Dec/0042.html

     [128] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/618

     [129] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/626

     [130] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/11/04-minutes.html#item01

     [131] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Sep/0033.html

     [132] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Sep/0035.html

     [133] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Sep/0050.html

     [134] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/06/06-minutes.html#item0x

     [135] http://mirrors.bufferbloat.net/Talks/PragueIETF/

     [136] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/67

     [137] http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/snapshot/

     [138] 
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/htmlxmlunification-2011-12-26.html

     [139] 
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/htmlxmlunification-2011-12-26.html

     [140] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-xml/2011Dec/0017.html

     [141] http://www.w3.org/2010/html-xml/snapshot/

     [142] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/437

     [143] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/522

     [144] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/578

     [145] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/591

     [146] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-xml/

     [147] http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-html-polyglot-20110525/

     [148] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-forum/2010AprJun/0073.html

     [149] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/433

     [150] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/427

     [151] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/04-agenda

     [152] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-41-objection-poll/results

     [153] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Oct/0034.html

     [154] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/25

     [155] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2011Nov/0045.html

     [156] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Dec/0121.html

     [157] 
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/PublishingLinking-2011-12-27.html

     [158] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/publishingAndLinkingOnTheWeb

     [159] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Dec/0121.html

     [160] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2011Nov/0045.html

     [161] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/627

     [162] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/629

     [163] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/541

     [164] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/PublishingLinking.html

     [165] 
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/publishingAndLinkingOnTheWeb-2011-10-27.html

     [166] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Dec/0120.html

     [167] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/11/04-minutes.html#item02

     [168] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/03/17-minutes#item04

     [169] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/03/31-minutes#item03

     [170] 
file://localhost/C:/Noah/Web/TAG/CVS/WWW/2001/tag/2011/04/14-minutes.html#item05
     [171] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/publishingAndLinkingOnTheWeb.html

     [172] https://docs.google.com/View?id=dgnh4s67_2cv7hf5c7

     [173] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/541

     [174] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Mar/0044.html

     [175] http://act.demandprogress.org/sign/dhscomplaint/

     [176] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Mar/0102.html

     [177] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/12/02-minutes.html#item01

     [178] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/505

     [179] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/545

     [180] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/09/15-minutes#item03

     [181] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/566

     [182] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Dec/0074.html

     [183] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2011Dec/0042.html

     [184] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/10/06-minutes#item06

     [185] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/08/11-minutes#item04

     [186] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/566

     [187] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/583

     [188] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2011Aug/0012.html

     [189] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/608

     [190] http://www.w3.org/2011/track-privacy/report

     [191] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Dec/att-0061/ActionItems_Workshop.pdf

     [192] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/264

     [193] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/290

     [194] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/408

     [195] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/460

     [196] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/550

     [197] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/507

     [198] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/545

     [199] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/506

     [200] 
http://www.iab.org/about/workshops/privacy/Privacy_Workshop_Papers.zip

     [201] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/490

     [202] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/506

     [203] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview

     [204] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/

     [205] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue

     [206] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/

     [207] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/open

     [208] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/


   Under consideration

    The following items are at risk of not being included in the final
    agenda due to lack of sufficient material to discuss and/or due to
    lack of time on the agenda.

     1. TAG work on W3C architecture pages:
           + Jeni, and perhaps others, have promised drafts for
             discussion
           + This session will be scheduled if drafts are available in
             time
     2. CORS and Web Security
           + [209]Recent correspondence suggets that new information is
             available relating to CORS and security.
           + The chair has [210]asked whether Jonathan Rees would be
             able to prepare a session on this. Time is tight for
             preparation and the TAG has not agreed that this session is
             a priority.
           + E-mail from Harry Halpin: [211]The CA system is
             spectacularly broken - can the TAG help?
     3. Technology analysis for Jeff Jaffe:
           + [212]ACTION-568: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Draft note for Jeff
             Jaffe listing 5 top TAG priorities as trackable items. -
             Due: 2012-01-03 - OPEN
           + In private conversation with the chair, Yves Lafon has
             agreed to take the lead in preparing a draft note for
             consideration by the TAG
     4. API Minimization
           + On Dec. 1, Dan Appelquist asked for a likely slot on
             minimization, but what we'd discuss was at the time
             unclear. If nothing else, we'll have to consider the effect
             of Dan's departure on this work.
     5. As of 1 Dec. 2011 we were unclear as to whether there would be
        substantial progress to discuss relating to storage. The chair
        is inclined to schedule a session if there's time.
           + [213]ACTION-523: on - Ashok Malhotra - (with help from
             Noah) build good product page for client storage finding,
             identifying top questions to be answered on client side
             storage - Due: 2011-12-20 - OPEN
     6. Possible review/triage of old open issues
           + Our [214]issues list seems to be good institutional memory
             for why we did things, but a poor guide to daily work.
             Maybe we should skim them looking for things we should work
             on. Is it worth the time to close each one individuatlly?
             Note: from our [215]charter:

     [209] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Dec/0114.html

     [210] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Dec/0115.html

     [211] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Dec/0083.html

     [212] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/568

     [213] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/523

     [214] https://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/open

     [215] http://www.w3.org/2004/10/27-tag-charter.html


      The TAG will also resolve issues involving general Web
      architecture brought to the TAG.
             Should we only keep issues open in the case where something
             has been explicitly brought to the TAG for resolution?
     7. Fragment identifiers:
           + Per discussion on 1 Dec 2011, Fragids: will not be ready
             for January F2F (HT and PL) — will get to it in January
             from minutes of 1 Dec: Tentative conclusion, don't discuss
             this at F2F, unless Henry or Peter proposes a particular
             issue
     8. [216]ISSUE-60 (webApplicationState-60): Web Applications:
        Client-side Storage
           + Goals:
                o Decide whether we're serious about moving on
                  [217]ACTION-475: on - Ashok Malhotra - Write finding
                  on client-side storage, DanA to review - Due:
                  2011-05-24 - OPEN
                o Discuss [218]Slides from Ashok to be presented at this
                  F2F
                o Get organized for further work in this area. What are
                  specific goals in terms of questions to be answered
                  for the community, dates and deliverables? TAG
                  "Product page" needed?
                o Currently tracking under [219]ISSUE-60, which is the
                  same one we're using for more transient client-side
                  state. Is ISSUE-60 appropriate for both?
           + Background:
                o Required reading: [220]Slides from Ashok to be
                  presented at this F2F ([221]announcement email)
                o From [222]discussion of storage at Feb 2011 F2F:
                  NM: Assuming this is a separate document, what are the
                  top three questions it will answer for the community?
                  AM: Give me three weeks
                  NM: OK, let's suspend judgement on the long-term
                  future of this work until we see your response
                o Ashok' slides from Feb 2011 F2F "Client-Side Storage"
                  ([223]ppt, [224]pdf)
                o Required reading: [225]Client-side Storage : this
                  version was prepared for the October 2010 F2F
                o [226]ACTION-475: on - Ashok Malhotra - Write finding
                  on client-side storage, DanA to review - Due:
                  2011-05-24 - OPEN
                o [227]ACTION-482: on - Ashok Malhotra - Write a draft
                  on client-side storage with help from DanA Due:
                  2010-11-30 - Due: 2010-10-27 - CLOSED — it was noted
                  that this action was redundant with ACTION-475
      _________________________________________________________

     [216] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/60

     [217] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/475

     [218] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/05/ClientSideStorageRev2.pdf

     [219] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/60

     [220] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/05/ClientSideStorageRev2.pdf

     [221] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2011May/0038.html

     [222] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/02/10-minutes#item03

     [223] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/02/ClientSideStorage.ppt

     [224] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/02/ClientSideStorage.pdf

     [225] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/09/ClientSideStorage.html

     [226] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/475

     [227] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/482



     Noah Mendelsohn for the TAG
     $Revision: 1.43 $ of $Date: 2011/12/30 20:48:41 $

        [228]Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional     [229]Valid CSS!

     [228] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer

     [229] http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/check/referer






Received on Thursday, 12 January 2012 23:47:03 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:44 GMT