interesting thread on "unguessable" URIs

From: Jonathan A Rees <rees@mumble.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 13:29:56 -0500
To: www-tag@w3.org
For those of you who like this kind of thing, there's a thread on the
appropriateness of "unguessable" URIs running on the cap-talk list.

Mark Stiegler making the case for "unguessable" URIs, with some real use cases:

Jonathan Shapiro, in followups, questions whether this is always a
good idea, raising the objection that the URI too easily finds its way
into exposed places, as well as questions about unpleasant interaction
with revocation. e.g.

Might help inform our unresolved discussion from back in 2009, see
ACTION-278 (closed), ISSUE-31 (pending review) Also touches on our UMP
review (ACTION-344).