W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > February 2012

Late Minutes from January 19

From: Daniel Appelquist <dan@bluevia.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 18:07:32 +0000
To: TAG List <www-tag@w3.org>
Message-ID: <CB59BBE4.80DD1%dan@bluevia.com>
Hia folks - apologies for the late sending of this email, but the minutes
from the 19th of January are here:

http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/19-minutes.html


Šand reproduced in convenient text-only form below. (LaTeX available on
request.)

--
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

              Technical Architecture Group Teleconference

19 Jan 2012

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-tagmem-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Peter Linss, Ashok Malhotra, Jonathan Rees, Henry Thompson,
          Noah Mendelsohn, Jeni Tennison, Yves Lafon, Dan Appelquist,
          Robin Berjon, Thomas Roessler

   Regrets
          Larry Massinter

   Chair
          Noah Mendelsohn

   Scribe
          Dan Appelquist

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Admin
         2. [5]Change proposal on httpRange-14
         3. [6]Security Issues with Certificate Authorities
         4. [7]Persistent References
         5. [8]Microdata and RDFa
         6. [9]Pending and Overdue Actions...
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

Admin

   Noah: Welcome to Robin!

   Dan: +1

Change proposal on httpRange-14

   JAR: I want to know if anyone wants a look before it goes out

   AM: Significant changes?

   JAR: Many editorial

   Some negotiation about how long

   <noah> AM: OK, a couple of days

   <noah> Thomas, probably time to dial soon, do you know where Harry
   is?

   <jar> tlr, hello

   Noah: approval of prior minutes...

   <DKA> Š Approve minutes of 15 december?

   <noah> [11]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/15-minutes

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/12/15-minutes

   <DKA> Recorded approved.

   <DKA> Noah: Minutes of f2f? Some clean-up needed.

   <DKA> Yves: I went through most of Friday's and have done some
   correction. I can do Thursday's as well.

   <DKA> Noah: One more week for formal approval.

   <noah> Ht, are you dialing the tag?

   <tlr> if you want to reschedule till we have Harry as well, that's
   fine with me.

   <DKA> Noah: congratulations also to Henry.

   <DKA> Noah: Do we need to reopen question of teleconference times?

   <DKA> +1 to congratulations to Henry!

   <DKA> Noah: We have a f2f meeting hosted by Yves April
   2-4Monday-Wednesday.

   <DKA> Š we have an agreement to meet in June for next f2f.

   <DKA> Š some risk of canceling next week's meeting.

   <DKA> Noah: On status section of xml-html unification report, I
   propose not to discuss it today.

   <jar> F2F discussion:
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/06-minutes#item09

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/06-minutes#item09

Security Issues with Certificate Authorities

   Henry: so many [things html5 wg involved in] - is there anything
   about securing web pages coming out of the html working group that
   intersect with this concern (about https being broken)?

   <noah> NM: Goal is to figure out whether TAG should invest in this,
   and at the F2F we said we wante the benefit of Thomas' perspective
   as W3C Security Domain lead

   Š anyone pushing for something to be done about this?

   [silence]

   Noah: Thomas - are you aware of anyone other than the TAG engaging
   this problem?

   Thomas: What problem?

   <jar> My guess is that HH brought the issue to us because he, at
   least, didn't think it was adequately covered by other groups

   <noah> E-mail form Harry Halpin:
   [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Dec/0083.html

     [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Dec/0083.html

   Noah: We had an email from Harry Halpin that kicked this off with
   the TAG.

   <noah> E-mail title: "The CA system is spectacularly broken - can
   the TAG help?"

   Š email sets out the history in which people have had certificates
   issued fraudulently. We think security on the Web is hugely
   important. So now what?

   Thomas: https is a protocol that relies on a certain trust
   frameworkŠ That is working fine...
   ... you have at the protocol level, dependency on the CA system.

   Š so what can be done to deal with that system?

   Š one of the conversations going on in some quarters is about
   perhaps modifying the distribution mechanisms for certs, create
   channels that permit the holder of the domain name with the cert
   authorities permitted to be used with it, etc...

   Š another approach discussed is to use the DNS as a conveyance
   mechanism for trust information. That could be reasonably sane given
   DNSsec's deployment.

   <noah> Curious, when Thomas says that techniques are "being
   discussed", does this mean formally in responsible groups in the
   IETF, or just informally among concerned techies?

   <Yves> formally in the IETF, at least for DNSSEC

   Š. if the industry goes in that direction we get reduced attack
   surface. Right now if I have a domain name registered in .com in US
   and someone in Lux issues a cert for that domain, that cert is
   trusted.

   Š the tactic of using DNSsec reduces the attack surface.

   <noah> Can we get the name of the mailing list please?

   Š DNSsec is an existing IETF standard. there is a working group
   working on how to store certs. There is a possible BoF to discuss
   additional [work] at next IETF.

   Š the name of the mailing list is "the right key"

   <Zakim> noah, you wanted to talk about https URI scheme and RFC 2818

   Noah: we have been talking about protocols. It occurred to me that
   this also relates to https URI scheme.

   <noah> RFC 2818: [14]http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2818.txt

     [14] http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2818.txt

   Š RFC-2818.

   Š In the section on server identity, it says:

   <noah> "If the hostname is available, the client MUST check it
   against the

   <noah> server's identity as presented in the server's Certificate
   message,

   <noah> in order to prevent man-in-the-middle attacks.

   <noah> "

   <jar> this doesn't say how to do the checking.

   Noah: so - architecturally this is called out not just in the https
   protocol but in the definition of the correct resolution of URI
   identifiers using that scheme. There is a sense that the namespace
   of https schemes is validated by the CA system.

   Thomas: this an informational IRC.

   Noah: It's pointed to by IANA...

   Thomas: it's modifiable.

   Noah: I think it has some force in practice.

   Ashok: Question - several of the approaches use a third party cert
   certifier?

   <noah> Noah is somewhat purplexed that RFC 2818 is the official
   registration for one of the Web's most important URI schemes, but is
   marked information. To a non-IETF wonk, this seems very, very
   strange.

   Thomas: all of these approaches [being discussed] at some point need
   to establish a binding between the identifier and a cryptographic
   key and some of them need to establish binding with a real life
   identity. The way these schemes do this is to have a chain of
   custody. DNS delegation - the key hierarchy that derives from dnssec
   - could allow I myself to sign my own...

   Š that is one approach. The other approach uses a third party that
   is trusted. that is the traditional CA system.

   Ashok: It turns out there are several possible solutions Do we have
   to pick one? Or can we have a number of them that can be browser
   specific or user -selected?

   Thomas: If I want to reduce attack surface then I want to reduce the
   mechanisms by which I can be attacked.

   Š Users choosing authorities that they trust in real deployment is
   usually a myth.

   Š when have you last edited the list of CAs in your browser?

   <tlr> one of the proposals: [15]https://www.eff.org/sovereign-keys

     [15] https://www.eff.org/sovereign-keys

   Noah: Is there a role for the TAG here?

   <tlr> DANE working group:
   [16]https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/dane/charter/

     [16] https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/dane/charter/

   Š last year Jeff Jaffe asked us to highlight to him topics that we
   felt might be threats to the Web. This will be on it.

   Š beyond it the TAG has no plans to do anything other than discuss
   today. Is there a way we can help?

   Thomas: I was asking - is there something W3C can do to help? At
   this particular juncture, I am trying to get a handle on what work
   is in purview of W3C and what is in purview for IETF.

   Š I think it's reasonable for the TAG to keep an eye on this topic.

   Noah: Harry's note points to three specific proposals in the
   community.

   Š he feels the right organizational structures aren't in place and
   maybe it's time for w3c to move.

   Thomas: Harry will collaborate on this with Wendy - one question in
   this domain is to figure out what piece of this we [w3c] should
   address.

   Noah: You as the domain lead have recommended that we keep an eye on
   this. We are responding to a specific request from Harry. Maybe the
   right thing is to publish the minutes and for me to take an action
   to get back to Harry.
   ... Any objections?

   Ashok: also ask him to keep us apprised.

   Thomas: We'll be happy to keep the TAG informed.

   <noah> ACTION: Noah to verify with Harry Halpin the TAG's plan to
   "keep an eye" on CA issues, and solicit his and TLR's help in
   keeping us informed Due: 2012-01-31 [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-tagmem-minutes.html#action01]

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-tagmem-minutes.html#action01

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-663 - Verify with Harry Halpin the TAG's
   plan to "keep an eye" on CA issues, and solicit his and TLR's help
   in keeping us informed Due: 2012-01-31 [on Noah Mendelsohn - due
   2012-01-26].

   <noah> ACTION-663 Due 2012-01-31

   <trackbot> ACTION-663 Verify with Harry Halpin the TAG's plan to
   "keep an eye" on CA issues, and solicit his and TLR's help in
   keeping us informed Due: 2012-01-31 due date now 2012-01-31

   Thomas: There are some ideas floating around [about workshops] the
   conversation is about a possible BoF at Paris IETF meeting. I sent
   an email to the TAG mailing list. I [encourage] you to follow that
   discussion.

   <jar> maybe HH is worried that the browser folks aren't in good
   communication with IETF?

   Noah: Anyone willing to take a long-term action to watch for news in
   this space?
   ... Thanks, Thomas.

   Thomas: if we do a workshop it would be great to have someone from
   the TAG on the program committee, for example.

Persistent References

   Noah: Goal here is to look at this product page...

   <noah> [18]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/persistence.html

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/persistence.html

   Š to come out agreeing to his or to a revision of it or [dropping
   the work]....

   Henry: I have input from Larry and others which I have not
   integrated yet.

   Š I would prefer to put this off.

   Noah: unless others object I think we should.

   [agreement to put off]

   <noah> Adding note to ACTION-528: Per brief discussion on 19 January
   2012, this will not be scheduled for discussion until Henry Thompson
   integrates agreed changes from Larry Masinter, and others, as
   recorded in minutes of F2F and earlier calls.

   <noah> ACTION-528?

   <trackbot> ACTION-528 -- Henry Thompson to create and get consensus
   on a product page and tracker product page for persistence of names
   -- due 2012-01-24 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [19]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/528

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/528

Microdata and RDFa

   <noah> ACTION-654?

   <trackbot> ACTION-654 -- Jeni Tennison to write "product" page
   summarizing wrapup of RDFa/Microdata work -- due 2012-01-31 --
   PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [20]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/654

     [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/654

   Noah: we did finish this discussion at the f2f. But we said "we nee
   to leave tracks" - record the wrap-up in a final version of the TAG
   product page.

   <noah> F2F technical discussion:
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/05-minutes#item02

     [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/05-minutes#item02

   <noah> F2F project wrapup:
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/05-minutes#item05

     [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2012/01/05-minutes#item05

   <noah> To discuss today:
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/htmldata.html

     [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/htmldata.html

   Looks OK to me.

   <noah> +1

   Noah: Anyone feels this need more discussion?

   <darobin> +1

   <plinss> +1

   <Yves> +1

   Noah: [penning a proposed resolution]

   <noah> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: The draft product page at
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/htmldata.html is agreed as
   the basis on which the TAG closes out its work on Microdata/RDFa
   coordination

     [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/htmldata.html

   +1

   Noah: Any objections?

   <noah> RESOLUTION: The draft product page at
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/htmldata.html is agreed as
   the basis on which the TAG closes out it's work on Microdata/RDFa
   coordination

     [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/htmldata.html

   [passed without dissent]

   <noah> close ACTION-654

   <trackbot> ACTION-654 Write "product" page summarizing wrapup of
   RDFa/Microdata work closed

   Noah: propose to close action-654.
   ... I will take an action to announce the closing of our work on
   this.

   <noah> ACTION: Noah to announce completion of TAG work on
   Microdata/RDFa as recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/htmldata.html and to
   finalize the product page and associated links

     [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/htmldata.html

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-664 - Announce completion of TAG work on
   Microdata/RDFa as recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/htmldata.html and to
   finalize the product page and associated links [on Noah Mendelsohn -
   due 2012-01-26].

     [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/htmldata.html

Pending and Overdue Actions...

   <noah>
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview

     [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview

   <noah> ACTION-350?

   <trackbot> ACTION-350 -- Larry Masinter to revise
   [29]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Oct/0075.html
   based on feedback on www-tag and the feedback from TAG f2f
   2009-12-09 discussion -- due 2011-11-29 -- PENDINGREVIEW

     [29] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Oct/0075.html

   <trackbot> [30]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/350

     [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/350

   Noah: I took Larry's proposed text and copied it into email - we'll
   discuss when larry's back.

   <noah> ACTION-568?

   <trackbot> ACTION-568 -- Noah Mendelsohn to draft note for Jeff
   Jaffe listing 5 top TAG priorities as trackable items. -- due
   2012-01-03 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [31]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/568

     [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/568

   <noah> ACTION-563?

   <trackbot> ACTION-563 -- Noah Mendelsohn to arrange for periodic TAG
   key issues reports to Jeff per June 2011 F2F Due 2011-10-15 -- due
   2012-01-24 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [32]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/563

     [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/563

   <noah> close ACTION-568?

   Noah: I'd like your proposal to close action-568 as it duplicates
   action-563.

   [no objection]

   <noah> ACTION-578?

   <trackbot> ACTION-578 -- Noah Mendelsohn to make sure HTML/XML work
   gets TAG review when ready Due: 2011-08-01 -- due 2011-12-27 --
   PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [33]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/578

     [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/578

   <noah> close ACTION-578

   <trackbot> ACTION-578 Make sure HTML/XML work gets TAG review when
   ready Due: 2011-08-01 closed

   Noah: review XML-html unification work. This was done at the f2f. I
   propose to close it.

   [no objections]

   <noah> ACTION-591?

   <trackbot> ACTION-591 -- Noah Mendelsohn to ping Norm end of Sept.
   on revised HTML/XML report per discussion on 1 Sept 2011 -- due
   2011-12-27 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [34]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/591

     [34] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/591

   <noah> close ACTION-591

   <trackbot> ACTION-591 Ping Norm end of Sept. on revised HTML/XML
   report per discussion on 1 Sept 2011 closed

   <noah> ACTION-599?

   <trackbot> ACTION-599 -- Noah Mendelsohn to close out HTML5 review
   product -- due 2011-12-20 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [35]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/599

     [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/599

   Noah: I think I sent the closing note relating to action-599.
   ... I will leave this open and figure out what's going on here.

   <noah> ACTION-602?

   <trackbot> ACTION-602 -- Noah Mendelsohn to work with IETF liaisons
   to propose possible TAG participation in IETF Paris -- due
   2011-12-27 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [36]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/602

     [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/602

   Noah: There has been a notion we need to be better about liaising
   the IETF. ...

   Š when mark nottingham was here along with Philippe, I chatted with
   them (the 2 liaisons) - they said the best part to attend [for me]
   would be the early part but I don't think it's justified...

   Henry: I think it would be a good use of w3c's money.

   Š I think your should be there.

   Noah: Floor is open for any suggestions for how to use that week
   well - week before our meeting in the south of France.
   ... I'm going to re-open this and bump it so I get back to it.

   <noah> Reopening ACTION-602, mostly to follow up on HT's advice that
   Noah should attend, but also to see if other ideas come up for
   liaison.

   <noah> ACTION-602?

   <trackbot> ACTION-602 -- Noah Mendelsohn to work with IETF liaisons
   to propose possible TAG participation in IETF Paris -- due
   2012-03-01 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [37]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/602

     [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/602

   <noah> ACTION-622?

   <trackbot> ACTION-622 -- Noah Mendelsohn to schedule discussion of
   html.next as possible new TAG work focus (per Edinburgh F2F)
   [self-assigned] -- due 2011-12-20 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [38]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/622

     [38] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/622

   <noah> close ACTION-622

   <trackbot> ACTION-622 Schedule discussion of html.next as possible
   new TAG work focus (per Edinburgh F2F) [self-assigned] closed

   Noah: I thnk this happened. Objections to close?

   [none heard]

   <noah> ACTION-627?

   <trackbot> ACTION-627 -- Noah Mendelsohn to schedule very detailed
   line-by-line review of Pub&Linking draft at January F2F -- due
   2012-01-17 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [39]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/627

     [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/627

   <noah> NM: Jeni suggested not to do this for the F2F, question is
   whether it's still worth doing?

   <noah> DKA: I think probably still worth doing, because we had to
   remove some things based on Rigo's guidance. Don't know if it's at
   the right stage.

   <noah> DKA: Jeni and I had a meeting, she took some "actions"

   Noah: Discussion on this will be difficult without Jeni. We focused
   on f2f agenda on a few key messages. I will re-open this action.

   <noah> Reopening ACTION-627 until you're ready; make it pending when
   you are.

   <noah> ACTION-627?

   <trackbot> ACTION-627 -- Noah Mendelsohn to schedule very detailed
   line-by-line review of Pub&Linking draft at January F2F -- due
   2012-01-31 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [40]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/627

     [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/627

   <noah> ACTION-634?

   <trackbot> ACTION-634 -- Noah Mendelsohn to with help from Noah to
   publish
   [41]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/IdentifyingApplicationState-20111
   130 as a TAG Finding -- due 2011-12-20 -- PENDINGREVIEW

     [41] 
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/IdentifyingApplicationState-20111130

   <trackbot> [42]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/634

     [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/634

   <noah> close ACTION-634

   <trackbot> ACTION-634 With help from Noah to publish
   [43]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/IdentifyingApplicationState-20111
   130 as a TAG Finding closed

     [43] 
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/IdentifyingApplicationState-20111130

   <noah> ACTION-642?

   <trackbot> ACTION-642 -- Jeni Tennison to with help from Larry to
   propose plan to liaise with PLH to register HTML media type -- due
   2012-01-17 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [44]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/642

     [44] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/642

   <noah> ACTION-643?

   <trackbot> ACTION-643 -- Larry Masinter to redraft something on this
   html5 review in 3 weeks. -- due 2011-12-29 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [45]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/643

     [45] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/643

   <ht> HST has to leave, I have (with some care) pushed all my overdue
   deadlines out by varying amounts

   <noah> The comment says:

   <noah> This was also moved into the product page for HTML review, as
   per ACTION-644.

   <noah> Larry Masinter, 25 Dec 2011, 04:57:46

   <noah> NM: I hear suggestions to close this.

   <noah> close ACTION-643

   <trackbot> ACTION-643 Redraft something on this html5 review in 3
   weeks. closed

   <noah> ACTION-644?

   <trackbot> ACTION-644 -- Larry Masinter to draft proposed
   alternative text to e-mail announcing end of "product" work on HTML
   5 last call (
   [46]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2011Dec/0041.html ) Due
   2012-01-10 -- due 2012-01-10 -- PENDINGREVIEW

     [46] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2011Dec/0041.html

   <trackbot> [47]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/644

     [47] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/644

   <noah> Leaving until I straighten out ACTION-599, also on HTML
   closing

   <noah> ACTION-653?

   <trackbot> ACTION-653 -- Noah Mendelsohn to schedule telcon
   discussion of Persistence product page (which was drafted for but
   not reviewed at F2F -- due 2012-01-17 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [48]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/653

     [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/653

   <jar> +1

   <plinss> -1

   I have to leave in ~5 minutes.

   <noah> ACTION-609?

   <trackbot> ACTION-609 -- Daniel Appelquist to draft initial cut at
   [49]http://www.w3.org/standards/webarch/identifiers -- due
   2011-10-25 -- OPEN

     [49] http://www.w3.org/standards/webarch/identifiers

   <trackbot> [50]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/609

     [50] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/609

   <darobin> [I have to leave in a few minutes too, sorry]

   <jar> I already have an action like this one

   <noah> close ACTION-609

   <trackbot> ACTION-609 Draft initial cut at
   [51]http://www.w3.org/standards/webarch/identifiers closed

     [51] http://www.w3.org/standards/webarch/identifiers

   <noah> Due to Dan's departure.

   <noah> ACTION-629?

   <trackbot> ACTION-629 -- Daniel Appelquist to with help from Jeni to
   propose changes to goals, success criteria etc. for
   publishing/linking product page -- due 2012-01-17 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [52]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/629

     [52] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/629

   <noah> close ACTION-629

   <trackbot> ACTION-629 With help from Jeni to propose changes to
   goals, success criteria etc. for publishing/linking product page
   closed

   <noah> ACTION-514?

   <trackbot> ACTION-514 -- Daniel Appelquist to draft finding on API
   minimization -- due 2011-10-18 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [53]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/514

     [53] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/514

   <darobin> ACTION-662?

   <trackbot> ACTION-662 -- Robin Berjon to redraft proposed product
   page on API Minimization
   ([54]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/apiminimization.html) --
   due 2012-01-31 -- OPEN

     [54] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/apiminimization.html)

   <trackbot> [55]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/662

     [55] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/662

   Noah: I suggest I assign this to you with a proposed due date of 2
   weeks.

   <noah> ACTION-662?

   <trackbot> ACTION-662 -- Robin Berjon to redraft proposed product
   page on API Minimization
   ([56]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/apiminimization.html) --
   due 2012-01-31 -- OPEN

     [56] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/apiminimization.html)

   <trackbot> [57]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/662

     [57] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/662

   Š to get your proposal on how to take this forward.

   Š I will just bump the date on action-514 into the future
   understanding that it's a placeholder.

   <noah> ACTION-514?

   <trackbot> ACTION-514 -- Robin Berjon to draft a finding on API
   minimization -- due 2012-05-01 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [58]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/514

     [58] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/514

   <noah>
   [59]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue?sort=owne
   r

     [59] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue?sort=owner

   <noah> ACTION-652?

   <trackbot> ACTION-652 -- Yves Lafon to danA to come back with a
   proposal on API minimization draft -- due 2012-01-17 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [60]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/652

     [60] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/652

   <noah> close ACTION-652

   <trackbot> ACTION-652 DanA to come back with a proposal on API
   minimization draft closed

   <noah> ACTION-661?

   <trackbot> ACTION-661 -- Ashok Malhotra to ask harry and thomas to
   join us on a future TAG call. -- due 2012-01-13 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [61]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/661

     [61] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/661

   <noah> close ACTION-661

   <trackbot> ACTION-661 Ask harry and thomas to join us on a future
   TAG call. closed

   <noah> ACTION: Noah to follow up with Harry Halpin on 19 January
   2012 telcon discussion of CAs [recorded in
   [62]http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-tagmem-minutes.html#action03]

     [62] http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-tagmem-minutes.html#action03

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-665 - Follow up with Harry Halpin on 19
   January 2012 telcon discussion of CAs [on Noah Mendelsohn - due
   2012-01-26].

   <noah> ACTION-646?

   <trackbot> ACTION-646 -- Ashok Malhotra to with help from Noah,
   update product page and product index to reflect publication of
   Client-Side state finding -- due 2012-01-03 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [63]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/646

     [63] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/646

   <noah> close ACTION-646

   <trackbot> ACTION-646 With help from Noah, update product page and
   product index to reflect publication of Client-Side state finding
   closed

   <noah> ACTION-647?

   <trackbot> ACTION-647 -- Ashok Malhotra to draft product page on
   client-side storage focusing on specific goals and success criteria
   Due: 2012-01-17 -- due 2012-01-11 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [64]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/647

     [64] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/647

   <noah> ACTION-523?

   <trackbot> ACTION-523 -- Ashok Malhotra to (with help from Noah)
   build good product page for client storage finding, identifying top
   questions to be answered on client side storage -- due 2012-01-17 --
   OPEN

   <trackbot> [65]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/523

     [65] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/523

   <noah> ACTION-632?

   <trackbot> ACTION-632 -- Ashok Malhotra to frame issues around
   client-side storage work -- due 2012-01-02 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [66]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/632

     [66] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/632

   <noah> close ACTION-523

   <trackbot> ACTION-523 (with help from Noah) build good product page
   for client storage finding, identifying top questions to be answered
   on client side storage closed

   <noah> 523 was duplicate of 647

   <noah> ACTION-647 Due 2012-02-07

   <trackbot> ACTION-647 Draft product page on client-side storage
   focusing on specific goals and success criteria Due: 2012-01-17 due
   date now 2012-02-07

   <noah> ACTION-632 Due 2012-02-07

   <trackbot> ACTION-632 Frame issues around client-side storage work
   due date now 2012-02-07

   <noah> ACTION-641?

   <trackbot> ACTION-641 -- Noah Mendelsohn to try and find list of
   review issues relating to HTML5 from earlier discussions -- due
   2012-01-17 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [67]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/641

     [67] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/641

   <noah> ACTION-598?

   <trackbot> ACTION-598 -- Yves Lafon to publish as a note what had
   been the FPWD (Raman's draft) on client side state -- due 2012-01-15
   -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [68]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/598

     [68] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/598

   <noah> YL: I started working on the draft, will do it next week.

   <noah> YL: Will send it to me.

   <noah> ACTION-598 Due 2012-01-24

   <trackbot> ACTION-598 Publish as a note what had been the FPWD
   (Raman's draft) on client side state due date now 2012-01-24

   <noah> ACTION-658?

   <trackbot> ACTION-658 -- Yves Lafon to prepare telcon discussion of
   protocol-related issues, e.g. Websockets/hybi (but not SPDY)Due:
   2012-02-21 -- due 2012-01-13 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [69]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/658

     [69] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/658

   <noah> ACTION-658?

   <trackbot> ACTION-658 -- Yves Lafon to prepare telcon discussion of
   protocol-related issues, e.g. Websockets/hybi (but not SPDY) -- due
   2012-02-21 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [70]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/658

     [70] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/658

   <noah> ACTION-638?

   <trackbot> ACTION-638 -- Yves Lafon to help Noah figure out best
   ways, if at all, for TAG to participate in IETF paris -- due
   2011-12-20 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [71]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/638

     [71] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/638

   <noah> ACTION-638 Due 2012-02-15

   <trackbot> ACTION-638 Help Noah figure out best ways, if at all, for
   TAG to participate in IETF paris due date now 2012-02-15

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Noah to announce completion of TAG work on
   Microdata/RDFa as recorded in
   [72]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/htmldata.html and to
   finalize the product page and associated links
   [NEW] ACTION: Noah to follow up with Harry Halpin on 19 January 2012
   telcon discussion of CAs [recorded in
   [73]http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-tagmem-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: Noah to verify with Harry Halpin the TAG's plan to
   "keep an eye" on CA issues, and solicit his and TLR's help in
   keeping us informed Due: 2012-01-31 [recorded in
   [74]http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-tagmem-minutes.html#action01]

     [72] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/htmldata.html
     [73] http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-tagmem-minutes.html#action03
     [74] http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-tagmem-minutes.html#action01

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [75]scribe.perl version 1.136
    ([76]CVS log)
    $Date: 2012/02/03 18:11:19 $

     [75] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [76] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 9 February 2012 18:08:11 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:45 GMT