Re: Google Maps URL Scheme

"Martin J. Dürst" wrote:

> Although Apple iOS (or other platforms') apps are not the Web, it
> might be a good idea to come up with better ways of starting up apps.
> For many cases, I guess a media type would do very well, although
> there might be exceptions.

That's how I'd have done it, seems like proper architecture congruent
with the pertinent standards.  But, I'm just a freelancer, so I'm kinda
required to work within the standards, not big enough to dictate Web
architecture to everyone else by fiat even when it makes no sense (we
now have 'n and counting' URI schemes which are aliases of http: when
the standard says schemes map to protocols).

-Eric