Make the TAG self-selected/elected? [Was: Re: TAG productivity, elections, and httpRange-14]

On 4/24/12 6:08 AM, ext Robin Berjon wrote:
> The current election process means that the primary factor in winning
> is name recognition. That's just daft. It gives an inordinate
> advantage to people who've been visible to the AC for a long time
> (such as myself) and doesn't make it possible for someone less known
> to the AC but with strong proposals to run on their ideas about Web
> architecture.

Perhaps the TAG would be composed of more useful participants if its
members were self-selected/elected i.e. anyone can be a member of the TAG?

(I think that would be more consistent with IETF groups but I'm not
positive on that.)

-AB