Re: TAG productivity, elections, and httpRange-14

From: ashok malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 16:46:08 -0700
To: www-tag@w3.org

On 4/23/2012 3:27 PM, Larry Masinter wrote:
> As for httpRange-14: anyone concerned about this should be told that the original TAG finding is historical, not binding, and of no import. If they don't like 303, fine, propose something else.
I'm sorry, Larry, but I disagree.  The httpRange-14 is useful for many people in many situations
and it is being used.  I realize it does not work for RDF and 303 causes and extra access but let's
not deprecate it until we can recommend something better.

I also think we should factor out this "meaning" discussion into a separate thread, not because it is
not important but because it is distracting and we can solve Range-14 without the difficult philosophical
discussion.

Ashok