Re: [apps-discuss] W3C TAG Comment on Draft Media Type Specifications and Registration Procedures

Bjoern Hoehrmann writes:

> * Tony Hansen wrote:
>>So I've added these Fragment identifier considerations sections to the
>>suffixes that have an underlying media type registration.
>>
>>     Media types using "+json" MUST accept any fragment identifiers
>>     defined for "application/json". Specific media types may
>>     identify additional fragment identifier considerations.
>
> This says that "+json" cannot be used for JSON types where fragment
> identifiers are of any concern since any future specification of the
> application/json type may override such registrations in incompatible
> ways. This seems to be missing the point of why we would have "+json"
> to begin with.

Or, it implies any update to a syntax schema registration such as
application/json has a responsibility to its "deployed base".  Comes
with the territory.

ht
                Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk