Re: Naming things with hashes (not #, but e.g. md5)

On 4/11/2012 5:25 PM, Yves Lafon wrote:

> I would say immutable rather than static, but yes, hashes can only identify
> immutable content,

Is it helpful or confusing to point out that many Web applications use
fragments to identify application states or content that are not
static/immutable. See TAG's recent finding on Web Application State [1]. I
feel I'm missing some of the context for this bit of the debate, and why it
is/isn't important that fragids do/don't identify immutable content.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/IdentifyingApplicationState-20111201