Re: Naming things with hashes (not #, but e.g. md5)

No comment, but for cross reference, here are three related attempts
(not an exhaustive list I'm sure):
1. urn:hash:  http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/urn-nid/current/msg00049.html
2. Magnet URI scheme: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnet_URI_scheme
3. Tahoe-LAFS  https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/wiki/NewCapDesign

And then there's URI + etag, although that hasn't been put into URI form AFAIK.

I like the idea of exploiting .well-known.

A survey report would be a nice project for someone to take on, he said idly.

The Tahoe-LAFS page reminds that // means that there is an authority
[other than the RFC series], so is inappropriate for P2P URIs. I
thought this was an interesting observation, and it relates to the
peculiar status of the .arpa domain [for which the authority is, by
definition, the RFC series].

Jonathan