Re: Proposal to amend the httpRange-14 resolution

On 4/1/12 12:55 PM, David Booth wrote:
> This last requirement is necessary because we need to decide how to
> handle the case of the 10^11  web pages for which the URI owner has not
> explicitly said anything about how the page's URI should be
> interpreted.
What the URI says doesn't really matter. The moment a URI exists it
identifies something. That's it. If the thing in question is a Web
Resource, in the most basic scenario it is endowed with content that may
or may note constitute representation for self, description of some
other entity, or definition of some other entity. All we know is that
URIs might resolve to content. We don't need anything else -- on a
mandatory basis -- from the publisher of a URI.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder&  CEO