National Academies release science manual for judges

From: Noah Mendelsohn <noah@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 20:19:02 -0400
To: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
Via Slashot [1]:

"the National Academies and the National Research Council, which today
released the first new edition in 11 years of the Reference Manual of
Scientific Evidence. It has new chapters about forensic science, mental
health, and neuroscience, but unfortunately nothing about computer science.
The manual is available as a free download [2] and it's also online [3]."

It has an introduction by US Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer, and
sections with titles such as: "Reference Guide on DNA Identification Evidence"

The TAG's draft on Copyright and Linking [4] is also intended, to a
significant degree, to assist those who write and administer laws. It might
be a little odd to have just this one computer-related issue covered, but I
do wonder whether there might be some useful way to eventually bring our
work together with manual, at least insofar as US audiences are of interest.

Noah

[1] http://yro.slashdot.org/story/11/09/29/0241219/science-manual-for-us-judges
[2] http://www.nap.edu/catalog.php?record_id=13163
[3] http://www.nap.edu/catalog.php?record_id=13163#toc